August 30, 2005
• Summer Farmers Market, 3:30Ð7:30 p.m. at the Pony Express Pavilion at Mills Park. Call 746Ð5024.
• Muscle Powered evening walk, 6:30 p.m. on Linear Park Loop. Park at Fremont Elementary School on Saliman Road. Call 885Ð2166.
• Carson City Symphony rehearsals begin from 7:15-9:30 p.m. at the Carson High School band room, 1111 N. Saliman. Openings for strings, clarinet, percussion and horn. Call 883-4154.
• Last day to view “Jazz Greats of Northern Nevada” display at the Carson City Library, 900 N. Roop St. Features photos by Carson City jazz enthusiast Pat Glancy. Call 887Ð2244.
• Retreads perform at the Carson Nugget Show Lounge, 9 p.m. through Sunday. Call 882Ð1626.
• Shabang performs at the Carson Valley Inn, Minden, 9 p.m. through Sunday. Call 782Ð9711.
Recommended Stories For You
• Lampe Park Farmers Market, 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. features baked goods, fresh produce, art, fresh flowers and plants and more. Call 782Ð9828.
• Demonstration to add signal light at Highway 395 and Stephanie Way at 10 a.m. at the Capitol courtyard, 101 N. Carson St. Petitions to be handed over to governor’s office. Contact Alightforbridget@aol.com or email@example.com.
• “A Moment for a Miracle,” benefit for Ida Temple, 8 p.m. at Comma Coffee, 312 S. Carson St. Features belly dancing, gift vendors, class and workshop information, raffle and silent auction. Call 882Ð5078.
• Carson City Board of Supervisors meets at 8:30 a.m. in the Sierra Room of the Community Center, 851 E. William St. Call 887-2100.
• “A Moment for a Miracle,” benefit for Ida Temple, 8 p.m. at Comma Coffee, 312 S. Carson St. Features belly dancing, gift vendors, class and workshop info, raffle and silent auction. Call 882Ð5078.
• Smith & Smith Farms, of Dayton, will be selling fresh flowers and produce from 3:30-7:30 p.m. in the parking lot of Adele’s, 1112 N. Carson St.
• Paintings on Exhibit at WNCC Douglas Campus, paintings of Carson Valley Art Association members hang for a month at WNCC Douglas County Campus. All paintings are for sale. Public welcome.
• Dayton Farmers Market, 3Ð7 p.m. at Dayton Valley Floral, 209 Dayton Valley Road. Fresh produce, crafts and more. Call 246Ð5296.
• “An Evening with Gershwin,” 7:30 p.m. through Saturday at Sand Harbor amphitheater. Features Sam Weber “fastest feet in tap.” Visit http://www.LakeTahoeShakespeare.com or call (800) 747-4697.
• Best in the West Nugget Rib Cook-off at John Ascuaga’s Nugget, Victoria Square, Sparks through Monday. Features more than 30 cooks vying for the title; 30 live bands including Collin Raye at 7 p.m. Friday on the Main Stage, Paul Thorn 7 p.m. Saturday Main Stage, .38 Special, 7 p.m. Sunday Main Stage, and Cracker, 3 p.m. Monday Main Stage. All shows free; plus vendors and more. Call 356-3428.
• “Walter Daniels: Mining Series and Portraits” art exhibit at Carson City Art Initiative’s Caffeine Gallery at Comma Coffee, 312 S. Carson St. through Sept. 30. Artist reception from 5-6 p.m. Sept. 7. Call 220-0940.
• Greg Brown performs at 8 p.m. at Adele’s Restaurant and Lounge, 1112 N. Carson St. Tickets $30 general; $40 gold seating. Call 882Ð3353.
• Nevada Civic Light Opera presents Joy Song, “A Praise Concert,” 7:30 p.m. Friday, 2 p.m. Saturday at the Carson City Community Center, 851 E. William St. Donation $5 at the door. Call 887Ð5601.
Trending In: Opinion
- Suspect in Ranchos, Washoe homicides in custody
- Murder suspect in U.S. illegally, authorities say
- NDOT announces plans for traffic lights at dangerous intersection
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- Sex under scrutiny: Brothel owner seeks understanding with advocacy nonprofit