September 7, 2005
• Class/workshop on preserving photos and memories in albums, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Carson City Senior Citizens Center, Jobs Peak room. Free; bring 3-4 photos for practice. Make it/take it workshop $5. Call 885-8230.
• Capital Branch of the American Association of University Women membership and welcome-back mixer, 5:30-7:30 p.m. at the Carson City Library, 900 N. Roop St. Call 841-6467 or 883-8918.
• Public meeting on Fuels, hosted by BLM, Carson City Fire Department and UNR Cooperative Extension, 7-8 p.m. at BLM-Carson City Field Office, 5665 Morgan Mill Road. Call 885-6107.
• Young Democrats of Carson City meet at 7:30 p.m. at Java Joe’s. Call 544-7523.
• David Proud performs at the Carson Nugget Show Lounge through Sunday. Call 882Ð1626.
• Dayton Farmers Market, 3Ð7 p.m. at Dayton Valley Floral, 209 Dayton Valley Road. Features vendors with fresh produce, crafts and more. Call 246Ð5296.
Recommended Stories For You
• High Desert Horsemen general meeting, 7 p.m. at Stagecoach Community Center. Call 629-0817.
• 46th annual Camel Races in Virginia City, 10 a.m. at rodeo arena through Sunday. Jockey Party at 6:30 p.m. today at Union Brewery, 63 N. C St.; Friday 1-5 p.m. races feature media jockeys; 7 p.m. Friday Camel Hump Ball at The Depot on E Street, admission $5; Saturday parade at noon on C Street, 1 p.m. racing and live entertainment; Sunday final rounds of racing at 1 p.m. plus live entertainment and food throughout C Street properties until 5:30 p.m. Call 887-1294 or 847Ð0311.
• The Douglas County Commission will meet at 1 p.m. in the Douglas County Administration Building, 1616 Eighth St., in Minden. Call 782-9012.
• Senior Games 2005 is open to people age 50 years and over through Sept. 17. Activities will be held in Lake Tahoe, Minden, Gardnerville and Carson City, hosted by the Douglas County Senior Center. Variety of competitive events including golf, weightlifting, track and field, tennis, bowling, basketball and other sporting events. Call 783Ð6455.
• Paintings on Exhibit at WNCC Douglas Campus, paintings of Carson Valley Art Association members hang for a month at WNCC Douglas County Campus. All paintings are for sale. Public welcome.
• Amy Clawson performs at the Carson Valley Inn, Minden through Sunday. Call 782Ð9711.
• Brewery Arts Center’s 13th annual Beer Tasting Auction, 5:30 p.m. at 511 W. King St. Features food, wine, live auction, beer from 10 Northern Nevada distributors, bands and more. Free admission; tasting glass $15 (must be 21 years of age); barbecue $5 adults, $3 children 11-younger. Call 883-1976.
• Hurricane Katrina benefit concert, 7:30 p.m. at Comma Coffee, 312 S. Carson St. Features SJ Tucker and Ilsey Juber. Tickets $15; all proceeds to Salvation Army. Call 883-2662.
• Artists featured at Westside Ink is Aliette Coeytaux, beginning at noon at Westside Ink – Books, Art, Pie, 710 N. Curry St. Call 885-9777.
• Fridays @ Third Street, 7 p.m. ’60s and ’70s Rock and Roll night theme features live music by Break Even; food and more. Call 884Ð4411.
• 24th annual Great Reno Balloon Race at Rancho San Rafael Park, Reno through Sunday. Friday’s Mass Ascension is at 6:45 a.m.; Saturday and Sunday Glow Show and Dawn Patrol, 5 a.m. Visit http://www.renoballoon.com or call 826Ð1181.
• Carson City musician Jackie Maye and other entertainers will present a concert at 10 a.m. at the Brewery Arts Center Performance Hall, 511 W. King St. Requested donation is $10 to benefit the disaster relief. Call 882-9571.