September 8, 2005
• Prostate cancer screening at The Adams House, Carson City, by appointment only. Space limited; call 885-4281 or (877) 284-2627.
• Douglas County Senior Services Advisory Council meeting, 8 a.m. at the Senior Center, 2300 Meadow Lane, Gardnerville. Call 783-6455.
• Young at Heart Senior Citizens Club meets at 9:30 a.m. at the Douglas County Senior Center, 2300 Meadow Lane, Gardnerville. Includes election of officers for 2006. Call 783-6455.
• “Going to Reno: Divorce Story,” a video presentation and discussion with Curator of History Mella Harmon at noon at the Nevada Historical Society, 1650 N. Virginia St. Call 688-1190.
• Carson City Music Club features a two-piano concert with Squeek Steel and Jane Theiss, 7 p.m. at the Brewery Arts Center Performance Hall, 511 W. King St. Tickets $5 per person, available at the door. A benefit for the BAC. Call 882-9517.
• Free weight- loss seminar to prepare for the Great American Weight Loss Challenge, 7 p.m. at the Plaza Conference Center, Carson City, featuring Dr. Rhonda Henry. Reservations, call 315-2900.
Recommended Stories For You
• Clear Creek Watershed Council meeting from 6-8 p.m. at Jacks Valley Elementary School. Topic is fire safe landscaping, presented by JoAnne Skelly of UNR Cooperative Extension. Call Margie Evans at 720-0162.
• Gold Hill Hotel Lecture Series features Ted Short on the V&T Railroad at 7:30 p.m. Buffet available from 5Ð7 p.m., $15 includes lecture; lecture only $5. Call 847Ð0111.
• Ninth annual Senior Fest 2005, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Park Lane Mall, Reno. Call 348-0717 or 233-3653.
• Louie Fontaine performs at the Carson Nugget Show Lounge through Sunday. Call 882Ð1626.
• Dog ‘n Butterfly perform at the Carson Valley Inn, Minden through Sunday. Call 782Ð9711.
• Chun Yi: The Legend of Kung Fu show opens at the Eldorado in Reno. Tickets from $30.95; call 786Ð5700.
• Prostate Cancer Screening at The Adams House, Carson City, by appointment only. Space limited; call 885-4281 or r(877) 284-2627.
• “When There is no Longer Hope for the Body, There’s Hope for the Patient,” a hospice overview presented at 10:30 a.m. at the Carson City Senior Citizens Center, 911 Beverly Drive. Chaplain Marilynn Uhart of St. Mary’s Hospice is speaker. Call 883-0703.
• Meet the Artist reception and display, 5 p.m. at the Nevada Appeal, 580 Mallory Way, featuring Nanette Oleson. Call 882-2111.
• The V&T and its Narrow Gauge Connections presentation at 7 p.m. at the Nevada State Railroad Museum, 2180 S. Carson St., by Mike Collins. Free, Call 687-6953.
• Carson Valley Desert Brushes meet at 6:30 p.m. at the Johnson Lane Firehouse, 1450 Stephanie Way, Minden. Call 265-1937 or 883-7917.
• Reno National Championship Air Races and Air Show at Reno/Stead AFB, Stead through Sunday. Features daily races in several classes, U.S. Air Force Thunderbirds and Canadian Air Force’s Snowbirds, static display, food and product vendors and more. Tickets visit http://www.airrace.org or ticketmaster.com.
• International Footprint Association Carson Valley Chapter 72 meets at 6 p.m. at the Casino Fandango. Guest speaker is Connie Richardson, domestic violence coordinator. Call 783-9759 or 267-4355.
• Daughters of Norway Queen Maud Lodge 42 meet at 6 p.m. at St. Paul’s Lutheran Church, corner of Saliman Road and Highway 50 East. Call 883-1710.
Trending In: Opinion
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Carson Tahoe Medical Center set to expand