September 12, 2005
• Nevada Artists Association meets at 1 p.m. at the Brewery Arts Center Gallery, 449 W. King St. Art teacher Mary Muller will demonstrate an approach to portraits using pastels. Call Sabina Bye at 267-9167.
• Clear Creek Watershed Council meeting from 6-8 p.m. at Jacks Valley Elementary School. Topic is fire safe landscaping, presented by JoAnne Skelly of UNR Cooperative Extension. Call 720-0162.
• Gold Hill Hotel Lecture Series features Ted Short on the V&T Railroad at 7:30 p.m. Buffet available from 5Ð7 p.m., $15 includes lecture; lecture only $5. Call 847Ð0111.
• Ninth annual Senior Fest 2005, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Park Lane Mall, Reno. Call 348-0717 or 233-3653.
• Louie Fontaine performs at the Carson Nugget Show Lounge, through Sunday. Call 882Ð1626.
• Dog ‘n Butterfly perform at the Carson Valley Inn, Minden. Call 782Ð9711.
Recommended Stories For You
• Chun Yi: The Legend of Kung Fu show opens at the Eldorado in Reno through December. Tickets from $30.95; call 786Ð5700.
• Prostate Cancer Screening at The Adams House, Carson City, by appointment only. Space limited; call 885-4281 or r(877) 284-2627.
• “When There is no Longer Hope for the Body, There’s Hope for the Patient,” a hospice overview presented at 10:30 a.m. at the Carson City Senior Citizens Center, 911 Beverly Drive. Chaplain Marilynn Uhart of St. Mary’s Hospice is speaker. Call 883-0703.
• Meet the Artist reception and display, 5 p.m. at the Nevada Appeal, 580 Mallory Way, featuring Nanette Oleson. Call 882-2111.
• The V&T and its Narrow Gauge Connections presentation at 7 p.m. at the Nevada State Railroad Museum, 2180 S. Carson St., by Mike Collins. Free. Call 687-6953.
• Carson Valley Desert Brushes meet at 6:30 p.m. at the Johnson Lane Firehouse, 1450 Stephanie Way, Minden. Call 265-1937 or 883-7917.
• Reno National Championship Air Races and Air Show at Reno/Stead AFB, Stead through Sunday. Features daily races in several classes, U.S. Air Force Thunderbirds and Canadian Air Force’s Snowbirds, static display, food and product vendors and more. Tickets visit http://www.airrace.org or ticketmaster.com.
• International Footprint Association Carson Valley Chapter 72 meets at 6 p.m. at the Casino Fandango. Guest speaker is Connie Richardson, domestic violence coordinator. Call 783-9759 or 267-4355.
• Daughters of Norway Queen Maud Lodge 42 meet at 6 p.m. at St. Paul’s Lutheran Church, Saliman Road and Highway 50 E. Call 883-1710.
• Prostate cancer screening in Minden by appointment only. Space limited; call 885-4281 or (877) 284-2627.
• Dayton Farmers Market, 3Ð7 p.m. at Dayton Valley Floral, 209 Dayton Valley Road. Features vendors with fresh produce, crafts and more. Call 246Ð5296.
• Misfits Theater Group casting call for “The Drunkard,” 7 p.m. at Dayton Valley Library, 320 Old Dayton Valley Road. Call Carol Bauer, 246-9622.
• Prostate Cancer Screening at The Adams House, Carson City, by appointment only. Space limited; call 885-4281 or (877) 284-2627.
• Tin Cup Tea and Chuckwagon Barbecue, 6Ð10 p.m. at the Governor’s Mansion. Dance to the music of David John & the Comstock Cowboys, view exhibits on Mackay Tiffany silver, historic fashions within the mansion, buggies & Nevada mineral specimens; bid on unique auction treasures; funds raised benefit W.M. Keck Museum and Nevada State Museum. Advance reservations required; tickets $45; call Holly at 687Ð4810, ext. 222.