September 13, 2005
• Prostate cancer screening at The Adams House, Carson City, by appointment only. Space limited; call 885-4281 or r(877) 284-2627.
• “When There is no Longer Hope for the Body, There’s Hope for the Patient,” a hospice overview presented at 10:30 a.m. at the Carson City Senior Citizens Center, 911 Beverly Drive. Chaplain Marilynn Uhart of St. Mary’s Hospice is speaker. Call 883-0703.
• Meet the Artist reception and display, 5 p.m. at the Nevada Appeal, 580 Mallory Way, featuring Nanette Oleson. Call 882-2111.
• “The V&T and its Narrow Gauge Connections” presentation at 7 p.m. at the Nevada State Railroad Museum, 2180 S. Carson St., by Mike Collins. Free, open to the public. Call 687-6953.
• Louie Fontaine performs at the Carson Nugget Show Lounge. Call 882Ð1626.
• Dog ‘n Butterfly performs at the Carson Valley Inn, Minden. Call 782Ð9711.
Recommended Stories For You
• Carson Valley Desert Brushes meet at 6:30 p.m. at the Johnson Lane Firehouse, 1450 Stephanie Way, Minden. Call 265-1937 or 883-7917.
• Lampe Park Farmers Market, 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. features baked goods, fresh produce, art, fresh flowers and plants. Call 782Ð9828.
• Reno National Championship Air Races and Air Show at Reno/Stead AFB, Stead through Sunday. Features daily races in several classes, U.S. Air Force Thunderbirds and Canadian Air Force’s Snowbirds, static display, food, vendors. For tickets, visit http://www.airrace.org or ticketmaster.com.
• Carson City Board of Supervisors meet at 8:30 a.m. in the Sierra Room of the Community Center, 851 E. William St. Call 887-2100.
• International Footprint Association Carson Valley Chapter 72 meets at 6 p.m. at the Casino Fandango. Guest speaker is Connie Richardson, domestic violence coordinator. Call 783-9759 or 267-4355.
• Daughters of Norway Queen Maud Lodge 42 meet at 6 p.m. at St. Paul’s Lutheran Church, corner of Saliman Road and Highway 50 East. Call 883-1710.
• Prostate cancer screening in Minden by appointment only. Space limited; call 885-4281 or (877) 284-2627.
• Douglas County Commissioners meeting, 1:30 p.m. in the courtroom of the County Administration building, 175 Highway 50 E., Stateline. Call 782-9821.
• Dayton Farmers Market, 3Ð7 p.m. at Dayton Valley Floral, 209 Dayton Valley Road. Features vendors with fresh produce, crafts. Call 246Ð5296.
• Misfits Theater Group casting call for “The Drunkard,” 7 p.m. at Dayton Valley Library, 320 Old Dayton Valley Road. Call 246-9622.
• Prostate cancer screening at The Adams House, by appointment only. Space limited; call 885-4281 or (877) 284-2627.
• Tin Cup Tea and Chuckwagon Barbecue, 6Ð10 p.m. at the Governor’s Mansion. Dance to David John & the Comstock Cowboys, view exhibits on Mackay Tiffany silver, historic fashions in the mansion, buggies and mineral specimens;auction; funds raised benefit W.M. Keck Museum and Nevada State Museum. Advance reservations required; tickets $45; call Holly at 687Ð4810, ext. 222.
• Salsas Dinner Gala, 6 p.m. at the Plaza Hotel Conference Center, 211 W. Ninth St. Awards will be given communityÐwide to youth, individual in the community, organization, NHS employee and Hall of Fame person. Includes salsa- dancing demonstration, silent auction, food and more. Tickets at Sugar Pine Cove, 1087 S. Carson St., $30 per person or $300 for table of eight. Call 885-1055. Salsa Y Salsas Festival, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday at the Legislative Plaza.
Trending In: Opinion
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Carson Tahoe Medical Center set to expand