September 19, 2005
• Joint meeting with the Carson City Parks and Recreation and Planning commissions on the land-use master plan and the parks, recreation and unified-trails master plan at 5:30 p.m. in the Sierra Room of the Community Center, 851 E. William St. Call 887-2363 ext. 1000.
• National Active and Retired Federal Employees luncheon meeting, 11:15 a.m. at Grandma Hattie’s. Guest speaker Dr. Janice Caldwell, assigned to Carson City to oversee Nevada’s implementation of the Federal Medicare program. Call 884-3538 or 884-2724.
• Bariatric Surgery Support Group, 5:30-7 p.m. at Carson-Tahoe Hospital Summit Room. Call 885-4308.
• Mile High Jazz Band and vocalist Sheryl Adams perform with local poets for an evening of Jazz and Poetry, 8-10 p.m. at Comma Coffee, 312 S. Carson St. Admission $5 general; $4 members of Mile High Jazz Band Assoc., free to ages 18-younger. Swing dance instructions from 6-7 p.m. for $5 additional. Call 883-4154.
• Tri-County Legislative Coalition Luncheon at 11:45 a.m. at Genoa Lakes Golf Course.
• Gold Hill Hotel Lecture Series features Sam Macaluso on the Civil War in Nevada at 7:30 p.m. Buffet available from 5Ð7 p.m., $15 includes lecture; lecture only $5. Call 847Ð0111.
Recommended Stories For You
• Lyon County Democratic Central Committee meets at 7 p.m. at the Silver Springs Senior Center. Guest speaker. Call 577-2505.
• Nevada Opera Youth Chorus auditions, 3:30-6:30 p.m. at Sarah Winnemucca Elementary School, 1349 Backer Way, Reno. Call 786-4046.
• Nevada Society of Scottish Clans meet at 7 p.m. at Classic Residence by Hyatt, 3201 Plumas, Reno. Open to the public; call Chester Buchanan at 849-1112.
• The Motifs perform at the Carson Nugget Show Lounge through Sunday. Call 882Ð1626.
• Manny B performs at the Carson Valley Inn, Minden through Sunday. Call 782Ð9711.
• Potter’s House Christian Fellowship Church hosts a revival 7:30 p.m. today-Thursday at 264 W. Winnie Lane. Includes prayer for the sick; nursery provided. Open to the public; call 721-5584.
• Carson City Chamber of Commerce Business After Hours Mixer, 5-7 p.m. at The Champions Real Estate and Manufactured Homes, 10056 Highway 50 E. Mixer is dedicated to victims of Hurricane Katrina. Call 882-1565.
• Carson City Airport Authority meets at 6:30 p.m. in the terminal building of the airport. Call 887-1235
• Dan Hicks and The Hot Licks perform at 7:30 p.m. at Adele’s Restaurant, 1112 N. Carson St. Tickets $30 general; $40 gold circle seating. Call 882-3353.
• Lampe Park Farmers Market, 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. features baked goods, fresh produce, art, fresh flowers and plants and more. Call 782Ð9828.
• Parapsychology discussion group meets at 7 p.m. at the Eddy Street Book Exchange, 1225 Eddy St., Gardnerville. Call 782-5484.
• A Downtown Design Charrette will be held from 9 a.m.-6 p.m. at 301 N. Carson St. Open to the public. City planners are seeking comments on the revitalization of downtown from a broad range of residents. Results of the city’s survey will be revealed at 6 p.m. Contact Joe McCarthy at 887-2101 ext. 1208.
• March of Dimes annual “Jail and Bail” fund-raiser, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Carson City Sprint Store, 3790 Highway 395, Suite D (next to Wal-Mart). Call 826-2166.
• Carson City Democratic Men’s Club meets at 7 p.m. at Round Table Pizza in Eagle Station. Call 544-7523.