September 20, 2005
• Carson City Chamber of Commerce Business After Hours Mixer, 5-7 p.m. at The Champions Real Estate and Manufactured Homes, 10056 Highway 50 East. Mixer is dedicated to victims of Hurricane Katrina. Call 882-1565.
• Carson City Airport Authority meets at 6:30 p.m. in the terminal building of the airport. Call 887-1235
• Dan Hicks and The Hot Licks perform at 7:30 p.m. at Adele’s Restaurant, 1112 N. Carson St. Tickets $30 general; $40 gold circle seating. Call 882-3353.
• Potter’s House Christian Fellowship Church hosts a revival 7:30 p.m. today-Thursday at 264 W. Winnie Lane. Includes prayer for the sick; nursery provided. Call 721-5584.
• The Motifs perform at the Carson Nugget Show Lounge. Call 882Ð1626.
• Lampe Park Farmers Market, 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. features baked goods, fresh produce, art, fresh flowers and plants and more. Call 782Ð9828.
Recommended Stories For You
• Parapsychology discussion group meets at 7 p.m. at the Eddy Street Book Exchange, 1225 Eddy St., Gardnerville. Call 782-5484.
• Manny B performs at the Carson Valley Inn, Minden. Call 782Ð9711.
• A Downtown Design Charrette will be held from 9 a.m.-6 p.m. at 301 N. Carson St. The event is open to the public. City planners are seeking comments on the revitalization of downtown from a broad range of residents. Results of the city’s survey will be revealed at 6 p.m. Contact Joe McCarthy at 887-2101 ext. 1208.
• March of Dimes annual “Jail and Bail” fund-raiser, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Carson City Sprint Store, 3790 Highway 395, Suite D (next to Wal-Mart). Call 826-2166.
• Carson City Democratic Men’s Club meets at 7 p.m. at Round Table Pizza in Eagle Station. Call 544-7523.
• As part of Childhood Cancer Awareness Month, The Angel Kiss Foundation will hold a reception from 4:30-6:30 p.m.honoring Nevada children and their families at the Nevada State Library & Archives, 100 N. Stewart St. Call 323-7721 or for information go online http://www.angelkissfoundation.org.
• Harley’s on Mount Davidson Motorcycle Rally in Virginia City through Sunday. Call 847Ð0311.
• Free seminar on joint replacement, 3 p.m. at Sierra Surgery and Imaging, 1400 Medical Parkway, Carson City. Learn what you can do to live pain free; joint pain and treatment. Space limited; call 283-3883.
• Carson Valley Art Association meeting, 1:30 p.m. at Minden Library. Program is video tape of Reno artists Kim Kimerling on mono-printing. Call 783-9626.
• “The Foreigner,” a comedy presented Proscenium Players, Inc., 8 p.m. Friday-Saturday, 2 p.m. Sunday at the Brewery Arts Center, 449 W. King St. Tickets $10 PPI/BAC members, seniors, students; $12 general. Call 883-1976.
• “Crazy For You” presented by the Western Nevada Musical Theater Company at 7;30 p.m. Friday and Saturday and 2 p.m. Sunday. For tickets call Western Nevada Community College Performing Arts at 445-4249.
• “Fall is a Great Time to Plant” free presentation, 9-10 a.m. at Greenhouse Garden Center, 2450 S. Curry St. Presented by JoAnne Skelly, Carson City/Storey County Extension Educator. Call 887-2252.
• Free Family Finance Class, 10 a.m. at FISH Education Center, 160 E. Long St., presented by Ron Knecht, teacher of economics at Western Nevada Community College. Continental breakfast provided. Advance registration not necessary. Call 882-8448.
Trending In: Opinion
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Carson Tahoe Medical Center set to expand
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Sex under scrutiny: Brothel advocates, opponents turn eyes to 2019 Legislature