September 21, 2005
• A Downtown Design Charrette will be held from 9 a.m.-6 p.m. at 301 N. Carson St. The event is open to the public. City planners are seeking comments on the revitalization of downtown from a broad range of residents. Results of the survey will be revealed at 6 p.m. Contact Joe McCarthy at 887-2101 ext. 1208.
• March of Dimes annual “Jail and Bail” fund-raiser, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Carson City Sprint Store, 3790 Highway 395, Suite D (next to Wal-Mart). Call 826-2166.
• ‘Grand Opening’ of Westfall Militaria and open house at the Olcovich House, 412 N. Curry St., 4-6 p.m. Refreshments served. Call 885-7593.
• Carson City Democratic Men’s Club meets at 7 p.m. at Round Table Pizza in Eagle Station. Call 544-7523.
• Harleys on Mount Davidson Motorcycle Rally in Virginia City through Sunday. Call 847Ð0311.
• Potter’s House Christian Fellowship Church hosts a revival 7:30 p.m. today-Thursday at 264 W. Winnie Lane. Includes prayer for the sick; nursery provided. Call 721-5584.
Recommended Stories For You
• The Motifs perform at the Carson Nugget Show Lounge. Call 882Ð1626.
• Manny B performs at the Carson Valley Inn, Minden . Call 782Ð9711.
• Free seminar on joint replacement, 3 p.m. at Sierra Surgery and Imaging, 1400 Medical Parkway, Carson City. Learn to live pain free; joint pain and treatment. Space limited; call 283-3883.
• Sierra Place Senior Theater Players presents its debut performance of “family entertainment,” including humorous skits, monologue and music, 7:15 p.m. at 1111 W. College Parkway. Free admission; limited seating. Call 841-4111.
• Carson Valley Art Association meeting, 1:30 p.m. at Minden Library. Program is videotape of Reno artists Kim Kimerling on mono-printing. Call 783-9626.
• “The Foreigner,” a comedy presented Proscenium Players, Inc., 8 p.m. Friday-Saturday, 2 p.m. Sunday at the Brewery Arts Center, 449 W. King St. Tickets $10 PPI/BAC members, seniors and students; $12 general. Call 883-1976.
• “Crazy For You” presented by the Western Nevada Musical Theater Company at 7;30 p.m. Friday and Saturday and 2 p.m. Sunday. For tickets call Western Nevada Community College Performing Arts at 445-4249.
• “Fall is a Great Time to Plant” free presentation, 9-10 a.m. at Greenhouse Garden Center, 2450 S. Curry St. Presented by JoAnne Skelly, Carson City/Storey County Extension Educator. Call 887-2252.
• Fall Farmers Market from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Telegraph Square, corner of South Curry and Telegraph streets. Call 746-5024.
• Free Family Finance Class, 10 a.m. at FISH Education Center, 160 E. Long St., presented by Ron Knecht, teacher of economics at Western Nevada Community College. Continental breakfast provided. Advance registration not necessary. Call 882-8448.
• Punt, Pass and Kick Carson City Competition, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Boys and Girls Club of Western Nevada, 673 S. Stewart St. Open to all boys and girls ages 8 to 15; registration forms available at Boys and Girls Club or online at ppk-nflyouthfootball.com. Call Zane Cole at 882-8820, ext. 28.
• Pioneer Family Dance contra dance, 7 p.m. at the Brewery Arts Center, 449 W. King St. Kids 6-16 free with paid adult; adults $8. Live music by Wild Sage; call 883-9351.
• Skateboard competition from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. at James Lee Park, 3394 James Lee Park, Indian Hills. Cash prize for best trick in the jam format/open division, along with other prizes. Entry fee $10; parent/guardian must sign waver, helmets/pads required to compete. Call 267-2805, ext. 28.
Trending In: Opinion
- Suspect in Ranchos, Washoe homicides in custody
- Murder suspect in U.S. illegally, authorities say
- NDOT announces plans for traffic lights at dangerous intersection
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- Sex under scrutiny: Brothel owner seeks understanding with advocacy nonprofit