September 2, 2004
• Katharine DeBoer performs “From Vienna, With Love,” 7:30 p.m. at the Brewery Arts Center Performance Hall, 511 W. King St. An evening of light operatic fun with Viennese soprano Elke Schiestl. Tickets, information: 883-1976.
• The Delta Jazz Band performs at 11:30 a.m. at the Storey County Senior Center, corner of E and Mill streets, Virginia City, for a pre-Labor Day celebration. For information, call 847-0957.
• U.S. Sen. Harry Reid visits Silver Springs Senior Center at 9 a.m. Call 577-5014.
• Junior Brown performs at 10 p.m. at Club Country, 555 E. Fourth St., Reno. Tickets, information: 786-2582.
• A Class Act performs at Casino Fandango, 4:30-8:30 p.m. through Saturday. Call 885-7000.
• John Dawson Band performs at Casino Fandango through Sunday. Call 885-7000.
Recommended Stories For You
• Hearts of Gold Cantaloupe Festival at Churchill County Fairgrounds, Fallon through Monday. Admission $5 adults, $3 ages 3-12. Hours 4 p.m. to midnight today, 10 a.m. to midnight Saturday and Sunday, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday. Call (800) 874-0903.
• St. Benedict Society of Corpus Christi Catholic Church bingo and friendship afternoon, 11:30 a.m. at the church, 5335 Snyder Ave. Bingo 12:15-2:30 p.m., must be 21-older to play. Concessions available; free coffee and popcorn. Call 882-1967.
• Douglas Animal Welfare Group offers microchips for pets, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Carson Valley Petco on Topsy Lane. Cost $30, includes registration fee. Entertainment coupon books also available. Call 267-7325.
• “A Salute to the Military” Air Fest at South Lake Tahoe Airport. Free and includes sky diving demonstrations, aerial stunt performances, military and personal aircraft displays, rescue demonstration by Fallon Naval Air Station Huey Crew, many vendors and more. Gates open at 8 a.m.; parking at airport $5. Call (800) AT-TAHOE.
• Alabama performs at 7:30 p.m. at Harveys Outdoor Concerts series, Lake Tahoe. Tickets $150, $50. Call (800) HARRAHS.
• Olivia Newton-John performs at 9 p.m. at Caesars Tahoe Circus Maximus Showroom. Tickets $65, $50; call (800) 648-3353.
• Lake Lahontan Fall Expo at the day-use area through Sunday. Features food, music, fishing derby, craft vendors and more. Call 577-4595 or 577-4336.
• Carson City Historical Society Labor Day Yard Sale, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Historic Roberts House, 1207 N. Carson St. Features furniture, knitted scarves and ponchos, coins, jewelry, pictures, collectibles and more; appraisals from 2-4 p.m. Sunday. Call 887-8865.
• Labor Day steam up at the Nevada State Railroad Museum, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. through Monday. Adults $4; age 6-11 $2.50, 5-younger free. Call 687-6953.
• Dave Crimmens Band performs a free concert at 5 p.m. in the Carson Nugget’s parking lot. Call 687-7410.
• South Lake Tahoe Labor Day fireworks extravaganza. Watch from Nevada Beach State Park, El Dorado and Regan Beaches, Bijou Community Park or the deck of the Tahoe Queen or M.S. Dixie II; show begins at dusk. Call (800) AT-TAHOE.
• Motley Crüe drummer Tommy Lee performs at Club Nero inside Caesars Tahoe. Doors open at 9 p.m. Tickets $25 at the door; call (800) 648-3353.