October 14, 2004
• “Clue, The Musical,” 7:30 p.m. through Saturday, 2 p.m. Sunday matinee by the Brewery Arts Center and Carson Performing Arts, 449 W. King St. Tickets $20 general, $15 for members, students, seniors. Call 883-1976.
• Gotta Big Harvest Ceili at the Brewery Arts Center. Potluck 6:30-7:30 p.m., music and dancing 7:30-10 p.m.; call JoAnn, 884-3747.
• 33rd annual Virginia & Truckee Railroad Symposium, at the Carson Nugget through Sunday. Includes Nevada and regional narrow gauge railroads, update on the V&T rebuild project and a tribute to Ted Wurm; also photography session featuring the V&T. Call Merna Tanner at 884-3207 or John Frink at 687-6953.
• “The Sound of Music,” presented by Tahoe Arts Professional Theatre in Residence and Nevada Civic Light Opera, 7:30 p.m. today-Saturday, 2 p.m. Sunday at the Carson City Community Center, 851 E. William St. Tickets $15.
• Western Regional Button Collectors Association Show at the Downtown Holiday Inn, Reno. Today from noon-5 p.m., all day Saturday-Sunday. Small donation accepted at the door; call Jill Biggie at 971-9538.
• Phat Tuesday performs at 9 p.m. at Decades Bar and Grille, 1475 Hot Springs Road. No cover; 21-older. Call 883-8889.
Recommended Stories For You
• Seventh annual “Gifts from the Heart” fund-raiser, Boot Scootin’ Barbecue, 5-10 p.m. at Fuji Park. Includes food catered by Molly’s Gourmet Catering, live music by David John and The Comstock Cowboys, fiddler Randy Pollard and John McLain, raffle and balloon prizes. Tickets $50 per person reserved table, or $35 individual ticket. Call 883-8500.
• Capitol Rebekah Lodge 14, 9 a.m.-4 p.m. craft fair at 920 E. Corbett St. Call Yvonne, 849-0372 or Peggy, 882-4721.
• Teen Writers’ Workshop, 3-6 p.m. at Minden Library meeting room. Ideas will be shared with author William Hill. Call Maria at 782-9841.
• Lyon County Democrats “Surf to Victory” fund-raiser buffet dinner, 6:30 p.m. at Dayton Valley Golf Club. Cost $35; includes live entertainment, Democratic candidates in attendance and keynote speaker. Call 577-2505 or 246-0160
• St. Benedict Society of Corpus Christi Catholic Church hosts an afternoon of bingo and friendship, 11:30 a.m. at the church, 5335 Snyder Ave. Cash and raffle prizes offered; free coffee and popcorn. Other refreshments, food available; must be 21-older to play. Call 882-1967.
• Silver Springs Area Chamber of Commerce Fall Photo Contest and Business Expo, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. at chamber office, 1060 C, Idaho Ave., Silver Springs. Go to http://www.silverspringsnevada.com or call 577-4336.
• Star party at Walker Lake Sportsman’s Beach, Walker Lake. Video presentation is at 7 p.m., stargazing after with large-aperture telescopes. Open to the public. Call (775) 945-9088.
• John Lee Hooker Jr. performs at 9 p.m. at Breeze Nightclub, Tahoe Biltmore in Crystal Bay. Tickets $20 day of show; 21-older. Call 337-8344.
• Cooperative Extension’s 4-H Livestock and animal clubs of Douglas County hands-on presentations on the care and raising of 4-H animals, 1-3 p.m. at Douglas County Fairgrounds Arena, 922 Dump Road, Gardnerville. Call 782-9960.
• Summit Youth Arts audition workshop for 2005 Summit Indoor Drum Line, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Nevada Performing Arts, 1295 Greg St., Sparks. Visit http://www.summit-youth-arts.org or call 762-5378.
• 30th annual Harvest Auction, 10 a.m. at Smith Valley Community Hall, Wellington. Features craft boutique, junque boutique, country kitchen, snack bar, silent auction and raffle. Call Martha at (775) 465-2353 or Marion at (775) 465-2304.
• Elizabeth Edwards to speak at Western Nevada Community College Western Nevada Community College, Sarah Winnemucca Hall, 2201 West College Parkway. Doors open at 9:30 a.m. Tickets are free and can be picked up 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. at Carson City Democratic Central Committee Headquarters, 214 W. Robinson St.