October 28, 2004
• Charles W. Friend East Side Tour of Carson City, led by The Carson City Preservation Coalition. Meet at 9:30 a.m. at the Capitol steps. Adults $5, children free. Includes Charles W. Friend booklet. Tour is about 2 1/2 hours. Call 267-2557.
• Children’s Museum of Northern Nevada Trick or Treat Time, 6-8 p.m. at the museum, 813 N. Carson St. Children $3 each; adults free. Includes face painting, pumpkin painting and fortune teller. Call 884-2226.
• Halloween party with Bad Intent performing at 9 p.m. at Decades Bar and Grille, 1475 Hot Springs Road. No cover; 21-older. Call 883-8889.
• Nevada Day Weekend activities. Theme is “Everything Entertainment,” features carnival, parade down Carson Street Saturday at 10 a.m., hot air balloon lift-off at 8 a.m., coin minting at museum, beard contest, golf tournament, International Elvis Competition at 2 p.m. Saturday at the Plaza Hotel Conference Center, artists reception at the Plaza Hotel and more. Call 882-2600 or 687-7410.
• La ka Le’l Be Pow-Wow at Carson Colony Gym, 2700 S. Curry St. Features Grand Entry tonight at 7 p.m. (gym open at 5), Saturday 3-5 p.m. (gym open at 1) and 7 p.m. (gym closes at midnight), Sunday at noon (gym open at 10 a.m.). Also crafts, food and refreshment. Host Drum Southern Big Medicine (Bakersfield), Northern Drum Red Hoop (Dresslerville); Head Man Elmer Atlookan; Head Woman Dayl Roach Osorio; Head Boy/Girl Colton Tahannie and Angela Lewis. No alcohol or drugs allowed; call Richard Salee at 230-8915 or Elaina Sanchez at 246-1838.
Recommended Stories For You
• Fifth annual Nevada Day Breakfast, 7 a.m. at Red’s Old 395 Grill. Cost $5 a ticket, includes breakfast and no-host bar. Call 882-4353.
• Nevada Day Pancake Breakfast at the Governor’s Mansion Nevada Room, 7:30-9:30 a.m. Includes pancakes, ham, scrambled eggs, orange juice and Starbucks coffee. Cost $6 adults, $3 age 9-younger. Proceeds benefit Dayton and Carson high schools scholarship fund. Call 841-3991.
• Nevada Day steam-up at the Nevada Railroad Museum, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Call 687-6953.
• “Howl-o-ween” pet costume contest at noon at PETCO. Winner gets $25 PETCO gift card.
• Déja Blues performs from 12:30-4 p.m. at Mom and Pop’s Diner, corner of Third and Carson streets. Call 884-4411.
• Capital City Community Band’s annual Nevada Day Concert, 1 p.m. at the Railroad Museum. Call 883-2219.
• Ride the Carson and Mills Park Railroad at Mills Park, 5-7 p.m. Those in costume ride at half price. Call 887-2523.
• The Mad Hatter Ball, 7-10 p.m. at the Brewery Arts Center, 449 W. King St., potluck at 6 p.m. Open to the public; live music by Wild Sage, caller is Darla Bayer. Tickets $12 adults, $6 children. Call 883-9351.
• Bad Intent performs at 9 p.m. at Decades Bar and Grille, 1475 Hot Springs Road. No cover; 21-older. Call 883-8889.
• Genoa Bar’s annual Nevada Day Old West Costume Party, 7 p.m. with live music by String Machine, food by Hooowlin’ Good Barbecue and a shotgun salute by the Devil Mountain Brigade and special appearance by Nevada Gunslingers of Virginia City. Call 782-3870.
• Pleasant Valley Volunteer Fire Department Haunted Firehouse, 5:30-9 p.m. at corner of Esmeralda Street and Lakeshore Drive in Washoe Valley, $1. Includes food stand and prizes for 25 cents each or five for $1. Call 849-4922.
• Safe Trick-or-Treat at the Children’s Museum of Northern Nevada, 813 N. Carson St. Call 884-2226.
• Carson High School Blue Thunder Marching Band fund-raiser car wash, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Lowe’s, 444 Fairview Drive. Donation $5.
• Trick-or-Treating Safe House at the Carson Plaza, 2120 E. Long St. from 6-8 p.m. Residents will hand out candy in the lobby. Call 883-1221.
• Ghost Town 2004 in Virginia City. Features events all over town beginning at 5 p.m., including Piper’s Opera House, town train, the cemetery and underground. Call 847-0311.