October 28, 2004
• An exhibition of wildlife photographs by artist Val Dutter at Caffeine! Gallery in Comma Coffee, 312 S. Carson St., artist reception 5-6 p.m. Call 287-2252.
• “You Know I Can’t Hear You When the Water’s Running,” presented by The Proscenium Players, through Sunday, 8 p.m. at the Brewery Arts Center, 449 W. King St. Call 883-1976.
• 17th annual Rhymers Rodeer Cowboy Poetry today and Saturday at the Carson Valley Inn. Features MacAvoy Layne as Mark Twain, Joe Herrington and Jim King, Ron Scofield and the Rush Creek Trio of Randy Pollard, John McLain and Paul Carelli performing cowboy poetry, humor, music and satire. Tickets for tonight $20 each with no-host cocktails at 6:30 p.m., show is at 7:30. Saturday’s show is sold out. Call 783-6679.
• Summit Indoor Drum Line percussion auditions for students up to age 23, 6-9 p.m. today and 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday at Reno High School, 395 Booth St., Reno. Bring own equipment for guaranteed drum time as equipment is limited. Go to http://www.summit-youth-arts.org or call 762-5377.
• CVAA Scholarship Art Show at CVIC Hall in Minden through Sunday. A fund-raiser for Douglas High School art majors. Free admission; call 783-9626.
Recommended Stories For You
• Comstock Mobile Village Craft and Jewelry Faire, 8:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., 2601 E. College Parkway (across from airport). Free coffee. For information, call 882-3062.
• Hurricane Relief Pancake Breakfast, 9 a.m. at Carson Plaza, 2120 E. Long St., proceeds benefit the American Red Cross Disaster Relief Fund. Donation $5 or more at the door; call Darlene at 883-1221.
• Children’s basketweaving workshop, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Nevada State Museum, 600 N. Carson St. Fee $10 for materials, bring a sack lunch. Call 687-4810, ext. 237 to register.
• Fall Craft Bazaar, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Eagles Lodge, 1380 E. Fifth St. Features homemade crafts and goodies. Proceeds benefit The Heart Fund. Call 883-6519.
• Eagle Scout project charity drive for Advocates to End Domestic Violence, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Alberstons on South Carson Street and East Highway 50, Safeway on North Carson St. Suggested donations include: large-size diapers, laundry detergent/softener, kitchen utensils, pots/pans, dishes, soap, shampoo, lotion, bedding, towels, sweatshirts or winter coats. No cash or checks, new items preferred. Call Robert Reynolds at 882-6749.
• Saddle Horse Adoption, 10 a.m. at Warm Springs Correction Center. Gates open at 9 a.m. Adoption policy information at http://www.wildhorseandburro.gov or call 881-2288.
• Colin Ross Band in concert at 7:30 p.m. at the Brewery Arts Center Performance Hall, 511 W. King St. Tickets $15 general, $12 BAC members, students and seniors. Call 883-1976.
• Lyon County Horseman’s Association Formation Riding Clinic, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Camelot Arena, Stagecoach (former Camel Ranch on Highway 50). Class fee, $15. Call Luanne King at 629-0361.
• Rummage Sale at the Dayton Senior Center, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., 320 Old Dayton Valley Road. Includes clothes, dishes, knick-knacks, jewelry, Christmas items and more. Donations accepted; call 246-6210.
• Topaz Sagehens Fall Boutique, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Topaz Ranch Estates Park Building, off Highway 208 at Albite Road. Includes door prizes, chili dogs, baked goodies and more.
• Western Nevada Musical Theatre Company presents “Carousel” at 7:30 p.m. and 2 p.m. Sunday, Carson City Community Center, 851 E. William St. Tickets, information: 445-4249.
• Fourth annual Harvesting Hope fund-raiser, begins at noon at the Carson Nugget. Includes lunch and a fashion show with fashions featured from J.C. Penney, Sasha’s, Harley-Davidson, Corral West and Countryside Bridal; tickets $40 per person. Proceeds benefit Carson-Tahoe Cancer Center. Information: 883-3308.
• Minden/Douglas Elks Lodge Holiday Fashion Extravaganza, 11:30 a.m. at the lodge, 1276 Pit Road, Gardnerville. Tickets $20, includes lunch. Call Earl Capehart at 783-9470.