• Annual Share Your Holiday Food Drive, 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. at the Governor’s Mansion, 600 N. Carson St. Volunteers needed; call Traci at 883-7654.
• Crimsonelement and four local youth bands will perform a concert at 5 p.m. Friday at The Connection, 801 Overland Loop, Suite 208, Dayton. Cost is $5. For more information about the concert or The Connection, call 246-8445 or go to http://www.tcofdayton.com.
• First United Methodist Church fourth annual live, Drive-thru Nativity, 6:30-8:45 p.m. each day, at the corner of Musser and Division streets. Enter from Fifth Street to Curry, then west on King. Follow the procession and dim your headlights.
• 17th annual Santa Train offers free rides from 9 a.m.-4 p.m. at the Nevada State Railroad Museum, 2180 S. Carson St., plus open house of the museum. Call 687-6953.
• Dayton Valley Veterinary Hospital offers free pet photos with Santa, noon-2 p.m. They are also accepting gifts as an Angel Tree drop-off location for children ages infant to teen, 14 Enterprise Way. Call 246-7775.
• Lyon County Democratic Central Committee meets at 7 p.m. at the Silver Springs Senior Center off Fort Churchill Road. Visit http://www.lyoncountydems.org or call 246-0878.
• Last in a series of free workshops called “Parents Who Care” for parents and caregivers of teens and preteens ages 12-16, 6 p.m. at Dayton Intermediate School. For information, call Michele Watkins at 246-0320.
• Dayton Community Task Force meets at 6 p.m. at the Dayton Valley Community Center, 170 Pike St. Call 246-7550.
• Dayton Chevron/Port of Subs Toys for Tots drive, noon-4 p.m., 35 Dayton Valley Road (at Highway 50). Santa will escort the Blue Angels Motorcycle Club and the U.S. Marine Corps to collect toys; plus Dock Dog and United Blood Services. Gabriel Angel will collect pet toys and food for the Lyon County Animal Shelter. Gift giveaways and prizes available. Call 246-9991.
• Lyon County Democratic Central Committee meets at 7 p.m. in Dayton, Fernley, Silver Springs and Yerington. Go to http://www.lyoncountydems.org or call 577-2505.
To reach the Nevada Appeal newsroom with a news tip or a community event notice for the Dayton area, call 881-1210. Send information to P.O. Box 2288, Carson City, NV 89702.