• Carson City Convention and Visitors Bureau meeting, 5:30 p.m. at the Community Center Sierra Room, 851 E. William St.
• Carson City Music Club meets at 7 p.m. at the Brewery Arts Center Performance Hall, 511 W. King St. for its annual recital. Public welcome; children free, adults $3. Refreshments available after the performance. Call Jane Theiss at 882-9517.
• Fellowship of Christian Athletes meets at 7:30 p.m. at the Boys & Girls Club of Western Nevada gymnasium, 673 S. Stewart St. Park in back. Call Zane Cole at 450-6047.
• Douglas County Senior Services Advisory Council meets at 8 a.m. at the Senior Center, 2300 Meadow Lane, Gardnerville. Call 782-6583.
• Young at Heart Senior Citizens Club Board of Trustees meet at 9:30 a.m. at the Douglas County Senior Center, 2300 Meadow Lane, Gardnerville. Call 782-6583.
• Robert Walters 20th Congress performs at 9:30 p.m. at the Tahoe Biltmore, Crystal Bay. Tickets $12 in advance; 21-older only. Call 337-8344.
• Retired Public Employees Association of California, Nevada Chapter 95 meets at 11:30 a.m. at Denny’s in Sparks, 205 E. Nugget Ave. Guest speaker will be from Sen. Reid’s office. Call 674-6449.
• Rebekah Bogard exhibit at the Nevada Arts Council, 716 N. Carson St., Suite A. Open 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. weekdays through May 27. Call 687-6680.
• Art exhibit of work by Fox Carlton Hughes at the Brewery Arts Center, 449 W. King St., with reception from 6-9 p.m. Friday. Exhibit closes April 30. Call 883-1976.
• Great Basin Photography Exhibit features the drama of the desert, “Sagebrush Ocean: A Naturalist’s Vision of the Great Basin” through April 21. Call 687-4810.
• “The Ten Tenors” on stage at the Eldorado Showroom, Reno through April 17. Features music from opera to pop, rock and more. Tickets are $39.95-up; visit http://www.eldoradoreno.com or call 786-5700.
• Nevada Artists Association meets at 1 p.m. at the Brewery Arts Center Gallery, 449 W. King St. Gary Jenkins will discuss and demonstrate techniques of oil painting of floral subjects and procedures for producing giclée prints. Open to the public; call Sabina Bye at 267-9167.
• Carson City School District board meeting, 7 p.m. at the Community Center Sierra Room, 851 E. William St.
• Sierra Veterinary Hospital offers a Client Education Program on “How to Protect Your Dog Against Rattlesnake Bites,” 7-8 p.m., 1477 N. Saliman Road. Seating limited; Includes hospital tour. Call 883-0261.
• Reno Philharmonic season grande finale, 7:30 p.m. at the Pioneer Center for the Performing Arts with “Old American Folk Songs.” Tickets and information, call 323-6393.
• Gold Hill Hotel Lecture Series features Barbara Mackey and Susan James on the Fourth Ward School at 7:30 p.m. Buffet available from 5-7 p.m., $15 includes lecture; lecture only $5. Call 847-0111.
• Railroad Earth performs at 9:30 p.m. at Breeze Nightclub, Tahoe Biltmore in Crystal Bay. Tickets $15; 21-older only. Call (530) 583-2801.
• David Proud performs at the Carson Nugget Show Lounge through Sunday. No cover; call 882-1626.
• Manny Band The Rhythm Nights perform at the Carson Valley Inn, Minden through Sunday. Call 782-9711.
• “Training for Dignity,” a dementia-specific training program from 4-8:30 p.m. at the Carson City Senior Citizens Center, 911 Beverly Drive. Training $40, includes CEUs for licensed-appropriate workers. Presented by the Alzheimer’s Association of Northern Nevada. Call 786-8061.