• Carson City Republican Women meet at 11 a.m. at the Carson Nugget, upstairs. Scholarship candidates will give a presentation. Call 841-3553.
• NARFE Chapter 1329 meets at 11:15 a.m. at Grandma Hattie’s. Guest speaker is Vince Pirozzi, assistant fire chief for Carson City. Call 884-3538 or 246-0926.
• Retired Telephone Pioneers meet at 5:30 p.m. at Villa Basque Cafe, 730 Basque Way. Guest speaker is Mayor Marv Teixeira. Call 882-5205 for reservations or information.
• Carson City Parks and Recreation Committee meeting, 5:30 p.m. at the Carson City Community Center Sierra Room, 851 E. William St.
• Nevada Fire Safe Council neighborhood meeting, 5:30-7:30 p.m. at BLM office, 5665 Morgan Mill Road. Call 887-2252.
• The Mile High Jazz Band performs at 8 p.m. at Comma Coffee, 312 S. Carson St. Call 883-4154.
• Genoa Candy Dance meeting, 6:30 p.m. at Genoa Town Hall meeting room. Call 782-8696.
• Gold Hill Hotel Lecture Series features Dennis Cassinelli on Rock Art and the Spirit of the Caveman at 7:30 p.m. Buffet available from 5-7 p.m., $15 includes lecture; lecture only $5. Call 847-0111.
• Storey County Commission meets at 10 a.m. in the district courtroom, in the courthouse, 26 S. B St., in Virginia City. Call 847-0970.
• Madison Avenue performs at the Carson Nugget Show Lounge through Sunday. No cover; call 882-1626.
• Laurie Thomas performs at the Carson Valley Inn, Minden through Sunday. Call 782-9711.
• Muscle Powered – Citizens for a Bikeable and Walkable Carson City hosts an 8:30 a.m. walk on Prison Hill south, a 3- to 5-mile walk with some steep climbs. Go to east end of Koontz, cross Edmonds, take first dirt road ahead then turn left at wood sign to parking loop. Call 885-2166.
• Behavioral Health Services offers a presentation on Panic Attacks, 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. at BHS conference room, Carson-Tahoe Hospital. RSVP, information: 885-4462.
• Carson City Area Chamber of Commerce Business After Hours mixer, 5-7 p.m. at Vital Signs, 1400 S. Carson St., No. 3. Call 882-1565.
• Carson City Airport Authority meeting, 6 p.m. at the Carson City Community Center Sierra Room, 851 E. William St.
• Nevada Fire Safe Council neighborhood meeting, 6-8 p.m. at the Carson City Library, 900 N. Roop St. Call 887-2252.
• All-female presentation of “Macbeth,” 7:30 p.m. through Sunday plus 1:30 matinee Sunday, at UNR Redfield Proscenium Theatre in Church of Fine Arts Building through Sunday. Tickets, information call 784-4444.
• Sierra Nevada Human Resource Association meeting, 7:30 a.m. at Casino Fandango human resource office. Fee $5 members, $10 non-members. Call Kurt Anderson at 684-0111.
• Carson City Board of Supervisors meeting, 8:30 a.m. at the Carson City Community Center Sierra Room, 851 E. William St.
• St. Teresa of Avila Blood Drive, 9 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. in parking lot of church, 3000 N. Lompa Lane. Appointments requested, call 882-1968.
• Daughters of Norway meet at 6 p.m. at St. Paul’s Lutheran Family church, 1201 N. Saliman. Program will be to learn Norwegian by playing bingo. Call 883-1710.
• Guitarist Ed Gerhard in concert at 7 p.m. at Comma Coffee, 312 S. Carson St. Tickets $18 at the door; advance purchase $15 at http://www.carsontahoemusic.com or call 220-0995.