May 4, 2005
• Prayer Breakfast, 6:30 a.m. at the Plaza Hotel and Conference Center, 801 S. Carson St. Hosted by Carson City Kiwanis in observance of National Day of Prayer and Kiwanis International’s Prayer Week. Buffet breakfast at 6:30 with program at 7; inspirational speaker is the Rev. Leo Kruger of Valley Christian Fellowship, Gardnerville. Cost $15 per person, payable at the door. RSVP to Ken Haskins at 544-0395, Ralph Denny at 246-1666 or Dan Nevin at 841-7347.
• Carson City Supervisors meet at 8:30 a.m. in the Sierra Room of the Carson City Community Center, 851 E. William St. Call 887-2100.
• Northern Nevada Development Authority breakfast meeting, 7 a.m. at the Piñon Plaza. Guest speaker is U.S. Senator John Ensign. Cost $25 per person w/reservation; $30 at the door. Call 883-4413.
• BLM hosts a special presentation on the Holocaust at 10 a.m. at the BLM-Carson City Field Office, 5665 Morgan Mill Road. Open to the public. Call 885-6112.
• National Day of Prayer public observance, 12:15 p.m. at the Capitol steps. Features local pastors praying for public officials, community and military, and inspirational music. Call 883-5215.
• RSVP Spring Fun Fair at Mills Park through Sunday. Features carnival rides, midway of fun, vendors, crafts and entertainment. Call 687-4680.
Recommended Stories For You
• Cancer 101: Skin Cancer, a free presentation from 6-8 p.m. at Carson-Tahoe Hospital Summit Room by Dr. Jay Adams. Call 885-4526 to reserve a seat.
• Carson City Parks and Recreation community meeting on a multi-use recreation center, 6:30 p.m. at the Community Center Sierra Room, 851 E. William St. Call 887-2363, ext. 1006.
• Art show featuring Sonnie Imes at Costco, 10 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. today-Friday, 9:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday and 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Sunday. Call 782-0035.
• Carson Valley Chapter AARP 3683 meets at 4 p.m. at the Douglas County Senior Center, 2300 Meadow Lane, Gardnerville. Guest speaker is Douglas County Sheriff Ron Pierini. Bring a dish for the potluck after the meeting. Call Howard Althouse at 265-9554.
• Douglas County Democratic Central Committee meets at 7 p.m. at the Overland Restaurant, Gardnerville. Guest speaker is Nevada Assembly Speaker Richard Perkins. Call 265-1585.
• Mound House Business Association Founders’ meeting, 5:30 p.m. at Old Time Cafe, 10196 Highway 50 East, Mound House. Call Michelle Fissori at 246-1779.
• Gold Hill Theater Troupe After Dinner Theater presents “The Rose of Sharon,” 8 p.m. in the Great Room at the Gold Hill Hotel. Tickets $28 per person includes dinner; $8 play only. Reservations, call 847-0111.
• Lyon County commissioners meet 9 a.m. in the meeting room at the Lyon County Administrative Complex, 27 S. Main St.
• Yom Ha-Shoah, Holocaust Remembrance Day, will be held at 7 p.m. today at Temple Bat Yam, in South Lake Tahoe.
• Rebekah Bogard exhibit at the Nevada Arts Council, 716 N. Carson St., Suite A. Open 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday-Friday through May 27. Call 687-6680.
• Louie Fontaine performs at the Carson Nugget Show Lounge through May 8. No cover; call 882-1626.
• Shake, Rattle & Roll perform at the Carson Valley Inn, Minden through May 8. Call 782-9711.
• WNCC Carson City Student Art Show through May 17. Call 445-3000.
• American Legion High Desert Post 56 holds a Rally for the Troops, 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. in front of Legislative Plaza, corner of Fifth and South Carson streets. All veterans and citizens welcome to bring an American flag or any banner in support of our troops in Iraq. Call 884-3377.
• Opening of US Bank/Langson Financial Center bank exhibit, 1:30 p.m. at the Children’s Museum of Northern Nevada, 813 N. Carson St. Call 884-2226.
• Meet the Artist public viewing and reception from 5-7 p.m. for Carson City artist Robin Travis, at the Nevada Appeal, 580 Mallory Way.
• Dujeous performs at 11 p.m. at the Tahoe Biltmore, Crystal Bay. Tickets $5; 21-older only. Call 530-583-2801.
• Proscenium Players, Inc. present “Bleacher Bums,” 8 p.m. Friday and Saturday at the Brewery Arts Center, 449 W. King St. Tickets $10 PPI/BAC members, students and seniors, $12 general admission. Call 883-1976.
• Experimental Aircraft Association Sierra Chapter 403 second annual Fly In at the Carson City Airport on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Includes pancake breakfast and lunch Saturday for nominal donation; open to the public. Call 885-1945.