• Community Council on Youth advisory board meeting, 8:30 a.m. at the Carson City Community Center Bonanza Room, 851 E. William St. Ongoing discussions on youth, family needs and resources in Carson City. Call 841-4730.
• Carson City Natives and Newcomers meet at 11:30 a.m. at the Silver Oaks Club Banquet room. Buffet luncheon $15 per person; installation of officers to be held.
• Muscle Powered – Citizens for a Bikeable and Walkable Carson City hosts Lunch Hour Urban Walks, 12:10 p.m. at Comma Coffee, 312 S. Carson St. Call 841-6810.
• Carson City Historic Resources Commission meeting, 5 p.m. at the Carson City Community Center Sierra Room, 851 E. William St.
• American Legion High Desert Post 56 and Auxiliary Unit 56 meet at 6 p.m. at Veterans Hall, corner of Second and Curry streets. A reception will be held for outgoing Post Commander Joseph Canyon and Auxiliary President Blake Amsteram-Canyon, who are relocating to Texas. Call Ramona Long at 885-7585.
• Gold Hill Theater Troupe After Dinner Theater presents “The Rose of Sharon,” 8 p.m. in the Great Room at the Gold Hill Hotel. Tickets $28 per person includes dinner; $8 play only. Reservations, call 847-0111.
• Public Forum on the Community Consequences of Meth Use in and around Lyon County, 9 a.m. at Mason Valley Boys and Girls Club , 124 Main St., Yerington. Call Christy McGill, 246-7550.
• Reno River Festival along the Truckee River. Includes free kayaking clinics for all ages and skill levels and more through Sunday. Visit http://www.RenoRiverFestival.com or call 827-7654.
• Capital City Arts Initiative Caffeine Gallery at Comma Coffee presents a month-long exhibit by Paul Ford, 312 S. Carson St. Call 287-2252.
• WNCC Carson City Student Art Show through May 17. Call 445-3000.
• Archaeology Awareness and Historic Preservation Week. Includes excavating the historic Acey Person’s Sawmill Saturday, call Greg Haynes at 884-8102; Nevada Rock Art Foundation tour, call Alanah Woody at 315-5497; walking tour of Wells Avenue neighborhood, call Susie Carter at 787-3170, and many more in Carson City, Virginia City and Reno. Call Bob Harmon at 687-8323.
• Gold Hill Hotel Lecture Series features Roger Bowen Weld on Steamboat Springs Revisited at 7:30 p.m. Buffet available from 5-7 p.m., $15 includes lecture; lecture only $5. Call 847-0111.
• 4-H in Silver City: Silver City Green Thumbs Garden Club will begin meeting the second Tuesday of each month, beginning at 6:30 p.m. today. Call Mary MacDonald at 847-7716 for details.
• Douglas County Planning commission meets at 1 p.m. in the courtroom of the Douglas County Administrative Building, 1616 Eighth St., Minden. Call 782-9005.
• Pathway to Fitness Symposium, 6:30-8 p.m. at Minden Medical Center Conference Room, 925 Ironwood Drive. Call 790-1510.
• Melissa Dru performs at the Carson Nugget Show Lounge through Sunday. No cover; call 882-1626.
• Major Link performs at the Carson Valley Inn, Minden through Sunday. Call 782-9711.
• Sixth annual Community Awards luncheon sponsored by the Nevada Appeal and Carson Access Television at 11:30 a.m. at the Carson Nugget. Join us as we celebrate the people who make our community thrive. Tickets are $15 in advance $20 at the door. Call 882-2111.