• 45th annual Virginia City International Camel Races. Saturday from 6-9 p.m. is the 1890s Camel Hump Ball at the Delta Saloon. Races at the rodeo arena; $10 general admission; $30 for VIP (includes covered seating, food and drinks); family pack $25, juniors/seniors and military $8. Call 887-1294.
• Dayton Community Task Force meets at 6 p.m. at the Dayton Valley Community Center, 170 Pike St. Call 246-7550.
• Central Lyon County Connection’s Mentor Program “Join the Fun Run,” 7:30 a.m., starts and ends at Our Park, west Dayton. Includes a 5- and 10-K run and 2-mile walk. Fee $20 per person, $35 adult and youth and includes T-shirt, drawing prize and refreshments. Call 246-0320.
• Dayton Valley Golf Club Luau, 5 p.m., open to the public. Features Hawaiian entertainment, food and refreshment. Cost $25; call 246-7888.
• Dayton Valley Days in downtown Dayton. Features Gold Creek Show ‘n’ Shine 8:30 a.m. -4 p.m. Saturday; wagon and train rides starting at 11:30 a.m. Saturday and 10 a.m. Sunday; Kiwanis pancake breakfast 7 a.m. Saturday; parade at 10 a.m. Saturday; crafters, antique dealers, food and more. Call 246-7909.
• Lyon County Democratic Central Committee meets at 7 p.m. at the Silver Springs Senior Center, 1050 Pyramid Ave. Call 246-0878.
• Dayton Regional Advisory Council meets at 7 p.m. at the Dayton Utilities Building, 34 The Lakes Blvd. Call 246-6227.
• Dayton Community Task Force meets at 6 p.m., Community Center, 170 Pike St. Call 246-7550.