• A town hall meeting has been set for 9 a.m. at the Carson City Community Center to brief residents on the Waterfall fire. Officials from the Carson City Fire Department, Nevada Division of Forestry and the U.S. Forest Service will be on hand. The community center is at 851 E. William St. Call the city’s fire hotline at 887-2100 for information or visit the Sierra Interagency Cooperative online at http://www.sierrafront.net.
• Hailey’s Heart Poker Run and Barbecue, a fund-raiser for Hailey Morton. Sign-in from 9-11 a.m., ride starts at Carson City Harley-Davidson. Cost $15 per rider/driver; $25 double and includes ride fee, poker hand and lunch. Extra hand $5; barbecue only, $5 per person. Open to all motorcycles and cars; plus music and raffle prizes at barbecue at Howlin’ Good Barbecue on North Carson Street, next to Kragens. Call 720-1911 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Carson Valley Community Bingo, 1 p.m. at the Douglas County Senior Center, 2300 Meadow Lane, Gardnerville; must be 21 years of age to play. Snacks available; doors open at noon. Call 783-6455.
• “Cathouse Afternoon” dinner theater at noon at the Mandarin Gardens Chinese Theater on C Street, Virginia City. Dinner seating $25 adults, $20 youth, lunch $15 adults, $12.50 youth. Reservations requested; call 847-7150.
• Kings Beach Fine Arts Festival, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. A free outdoor festival with more than 40 artists displaying and selling work in oil, glass, collages and more. Call Theresa May Duggan at (530) 546-7903.
• “The Big Easy” street festival at the Silver Club Hotel/Casino, 1040 Victorian Ave., Sparks from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Features Mardi Gras-style food, music, cooking demonstrations, arts and crafts and lots of beads. Call 358-4771.
• Artown event. Features dance, music, exhibits, demonstrations, Chautauquans, Shakespeare and more throughout Reno. Some events free, some by donation others by fee. Visit renoisartown.com or call 322-1538.