• Carson City Recreation Triathalon, 9 a.m. at Mills Park. Call Kurt Meyer at 887-2243.
• Public picnic for all who responded to the Waterfall fire, noon-3 p.m. at the Legislative lawn on South Carson Street. Free hamburgers, hot dogs, watermelon and drinks (donated by Smiths, Safeway, Scolari’s, Raley’s and Albertsons). Donations accepted to be used for reforestation. Call Mark Frady at 883-8897.
• Northern Nevada Australian Shepherd and Quick Silver Dog Show, 8 a.m. at Fuji Park. Call 883-7651.
• ICS qualifier Chili Cook-off fund-raiser, 11 a.m. at Glen Eagles Restaurant, 3700 N. Carson St., for the Carson-Tahoe Cancer Center. Features live music by Craig Fletcher and Band, food and drinks. Call 884-4414.
• Eighth annual Genoa Renaissance Faire, downtown Genoa on Nixon Street. Features live performances, music, food and more 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Call 782-4951.
• East Fork Gallery in Gardnerville 25th anniversary celebration, noon-5 p.m. Includes original-artwork display, refreshments. Call 782-7629.
• Wild Animal Infirmary for Nevada Open House, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Self-guided tours; 2920 Eagle St., Washoe Valley. Call 849-0345.
• The Mile High Jazz Band performs at 5 p.m. on the Legislative lawn.