• Hearts of Gold Cantaloupe Festival at Churchill County Fairgrounds, Fallon. Admission $5 adults, $3 ages 3-12; 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Call (800) 874-0903.
• Carson City Historical Society Labor Day Yard Sale, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Historic Roberts House, 1207 N. Carson St. Features furniture, knitted scarves and ponchos, coins, jewelry, pictures, collectibles and more. Call 887-8865.
• Labor Day steam-up at the Nevada State Railroad Museum, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Adults $4; ages 6-11 $2.50, 5-younger free. Call 687-6953.
• Carson City Democratic Central Committee and State of Nevada Employees Association host a Labor Day barbecue from noon-2 p.m. in the SNEA parking lot, corner of Roop and Robinson streets. Call 884-2726.
• Meet the Candidates potluck and town meeting, 6 p.m. at Silver City Firehouse, 745 High St. Call 847-7709.