September 13, 2004
• Qualifying for the Million Dollar Shoot-out, a golf fund-raiser for the Children’s’ Museum of Northern Nevada, 2-7 p.m. at Empire Ranch Golf Course. Top-20 qualifiers get chance to win $1 million Sunday. Call Ken Beaton at 884-2226 or Jim Smolenski at 882-2644.
• Life Line stroke screening, 9 a.m. at Fraternal Order of Eagles, 1380 E. Fifth St. Screenings take 10 minutes; cost is $109, or include osteoporosis screening for $139 total. Preregistration, appointments required, call (800) 643-6188.
• Nevada Artists Association meets at 1 p.m. at the Brewery Arts Center Gallery, 445 W. King St. Demonstration by Sandy England for developing backgrounds in watercolor painting. Call Sabrina Bye at 267-9167.
• Genoa Town Advisory Board public meeting, 7 p.m. at Town Hall meeting room, 2289 Main St. Call 782-8696.
• Reno Philharmonic season-opening concert, 7:30 p.m. at Pioneer Center for the Performing Arts. Features pianist Jon Nakamatsu. Tickets, information: 323-6393.
• Manny B and The Rhythm Nights perform at the Carson Valley Inn Cabaret Lounge, Minden. Call 782-9711.