October 1, 2004
• Western Nevada Musical Theatre Company presents “Once Upon a Mattress,” 7:30 p.m. and 2 p.m. at the Carson City Community Center, 851 E. William St. Tickets, information: 445-4249.
• Carson City Historical Society’s last yard sale of the year, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at The Roberts House, 1207 N. Carson St. Features art, antiques, coins, collectibles, vintage jewelry, antique glass and more. Call 887-8865.
• Millennium Bugs perform from 1-4 p.m. at the Bliss Mansion 125th birthday celebration. The five-piece jazz combo features Gil Linsley, Dan Lancaster, David Bugli, George Worth and Dennis Steele; 608 Elizabeth St., corner of Robinson. Free admission and tours. Call 720-9160 or 883-4154.
• “Celebrate Adoption” from 2-5 p.m. at Rancho San Rafael Park, 1595 N. Sierra St., Reno. For families who want to or have adopted children, both domestic and international adoptions. Sponsored by New Hope Child and Family Agency.
• Sidro’s Armada performs at the Carson Valley Inn Cabaret Lounge, Minden. Call 782-9711.
• 19th annual Lake Tahoe Autumn Food and Wine Festival. Features culinary creations and grand tasting and culinary competition at Squaw Creek. Call (800) 824-6348 for tickets, information.
Recommended Stories For You
• “The Producers,” performed at Pioneer Center for the Performing Arts, Reno. Tickets, information: 686-6600.
• Sesame Street Live “Everyone Makes Music,” various show times at Lawlor Events Center at University of Nevada, Reno. Tickets $15, $12, $18 (limited); call 784-4444.
• The Royal Circus of Moscow on Ice performs at 7 p.m. at the Reno Hilton. Tickets $27.50, call 789-2285.