October 15, 2004
• Clue, The Musical, 7:30 p.m., by the Brewery Arts Center and Carson Performing Arts, 449 W. King St. Tickets $20 general, $15 for members, students, seniors. Call 883-1976.
• 33rd annual Virginia & Truckee Railroad Symposium, held at the Carson Nugget. Includes Nevada and regional narrow gauge railroads, update on the V&T rebuild project and a tribute to Ted Wurm; also photography session featuring the V&T. Call Merna Tanner at 884-3207 or John Frink at 687-6953.
• “The Sound of Music,” presented by Tahoe Arts Professional Theatre in Residence and Nevada Civic Light Opera, 7:30 p.m. at the Carson City Community Center, 851 E. William St. Tickets $15, all general admission.
• Western Regional Button Collectors Association Show at the Downtown Holiday Inn, Reno. Small donation accepted at the door; call Jill Biggie at 971-9538.
• Richard Guy Walton art on display at The Roberts House Museum, 1207 N. Carson St., on loan by Bob McFadden. Hours are Friday-Sunday, 1-3 p.m. or by special appointment. Cost is $3 to tour the museum and see the art display. Call Paula at 887-8865.
• Seventh annual “Gifts from the Heart” fund-raiser, Boot Scootin’ Barbecue, 5-10 p.m. at Fuji Park. Includes food catered by Molly’s Gourmet Catering, live music by David John and The Comstock Cowboys, fiddler Randy Pollard and John McLain, raffle and balloon prizes. Tickets $50 per person reserved table, or $35 individual ticket. Call 883-8500.
Recommended Stories For You
• Capitol Rebekah Lodge 14, 9 a.m.-4 p.m. craft fair at 920 E. Corbett St. Call Yvonne, 849-0372 or Peggy, 882-4721.
• Teen Writers’ Workshop, 3-6 p.m. at Minden Library meeting room. Ideas shared with author William Hill. Call Maria at 782-9841.
• Lyon County Democrats “Surf to Victory” fund-raiser buffet dinner, 6:30 p.m. at Dayton Valley Golf Club, Dayton. Cost $35 per person; includes live entertainment, Democratic candidates in attendance and keynote speaker. Call 577-2505 or 246-0160.
• Saint Benedict Society of Corpus Christi Catholic Church hosts an afternoon of bingo and friendship, 11:30 a.m. at the church, 5335 Snyder Ave. Cash and raffle prizes offered; free coffee and popcorn. Other refreshments, food available; must be 21-older to play bingo. Call 882-1967.
• Lyon County Horsemans Association Fall Fun Day Scavenger Hunt, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Pit Stop Bar parking lot on Highway 50 between Stagecoach and Silver Springs. Fee $10; call 577-2956.
• The Smothers Brothers perform at Harrah’s South Shore Room, Lake Tahoe. Tickets $45 each; call (800) 427-7247.
• Silver Springs Area Chamber of Commerce Fall Photo Contest and Business Expo, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. at chamber office, 1060 C, Idaho Ave., Silver Springs. Visit http://www.silverspringsnevada.com or call 577-4336.
• Star Party at Walker Lake Sportsman’s Beach, Walker Lake. Video presentation is at 7 p.m., stargazing after with large-aperture telescopes. Open to the public. Call (775) 945-9088.
• Michael Mandella performs at the Carson Nugget Show Lounge; no cover. Call 882-1626.
• Phat Tuesday performs at 9 p.m. at Decades Bar and Grille, 1475 Hot Springs Road. No cover; 21-older. Call 883-8889.
• Retroactive performs at the Carson Valley Inn Cabaret Lounge, Minden. Call 782-9711.