• USDA Commodity Food distribution, 9-11 a.m. at the Carson City Community Center, 851 E. William St. Any needy family in the Carson City area can be eligible. Bring photo ID and complete income form. Call 688-2828 or 687-4680.
• Argenta Chamber Ensemble performs at 8 p.m. at UNR’s Nightingale Concert Hall, Reno. Tickets $13 general, $8 university students and children. Call 784-6145.
• Los Lobos performs at 8 p.m. each day at John Ascuaga’s Nugget Celebrity Showroom. Call 356-3300.
• The Tommy Bell Show performs at the Carson Nugget Show Lounge through Sunday; no cover. Call 882-1626.
• Hotel California – A Tribute to the Eagles perform at the Carson Valley Inn Cabaret Lounge, Minden through Sunday. Call 782-9711.
• Cold Sweat performs at 9 p.m. today and Saturday at Decades Bar and Grille, 1475 Hot Springs Road; no cover. Call 883-8889.
• Second annual Gift of Lights drive-through Holiday Light Festival, nightly in Idlewild Park, Reno. Sunday-Thursday 5-9 p.m.; Friday, Saturday and holidays, 5-10 p.m. Cost $10 per vehicle; buses $1 per person w/$10 minimum. Discounts with food donation; call 451-0344. Through Jan. 2.
• “Footloose” on stage at UNR’s Redfield Proscenium Theatre, 7:30 p.m. each day, plus 1:30 matinee on Saturday and Sunday. Tickets $20 general, $18 seniors, children and students; $16 opening weekend special. Call 784-6847.
• Daughters of the American Revolution, John C. Fremont Chapter, meets at 12:30 p.m. at the Silver Saddle Ranch.
• Dog Town Rescue holds adoption day from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Petco, 911 Topsy Lane in Carson Valley Plaza. Call 934-5774.
• Washoe Zephyr Chapter of Daughters of the American Revolution meet at 10 a.m. at the home of Janelle Martin, Reno. Program is Victorian Etiquette and Costume; call Martin at 823-9119.