• Pinkerton Ballet Theatre presents “The Nutcracker” ballet at 2 p.m. at the Carson City Community Center, 851 E. William St. Tickets available at Sugar Pine Cove, 1087 S. Carson St., or by phone with a credit card at 884-4603. Call 882-6748.
• “The Graduate” live, on stage at the Pioneer Center in Reno with Morgan Fairchild as Mrs. Robinson. Showtimes vary, tickets are $35 to $70. Call (877) 639-3728.
• East Fork Gallery Open House, noon-5 p.m. at 1503 Highway 395, Gardnerville. Open to the public, refreshments served. Call 782-7629.
• Second annual Gift of Lights drive-through Holiday Light Festival, nightly in Idlewild Park, Reno. Sunday-Thursday 5-9 p.m.; Friday, Saturday and holidays, 5-10 p.m. through Jan. 2. Cost $10 per vehicle; buses $1 per person w/$10 minimum. Discounts with food donation; call 451-0344.
• The Motifs perform at the Carson Nugget Show Lounge; no cover. Call 882-1626.
• Amy Clawson performs at the Carson Valley Inn Cabaret Lounge, Minden. Call 782-9711.
• Carson City Raiders Booster Club annual Christmas Commitment fund-raiser featuring Lester Hayes, 5:30 p.m. at Pinon Plaza Lizard Lounge. Free to members, $5 for nonmembers. Proceeds used to adopt homebound senior citizen for Christmas. Live auction held at halftime of Raiders-Broncos game. Call 450-7484.