December 13, 2004
• Carson City Republican Women Holiday Luncheon, 11 a.m. at the Carson Nugget, second floor. Cost $20 for sit-down luncheon. Includes entertainment; free raffle with every gift to be donated to Advocates to End Domestic Violence. Call 841-3553.
• Holiday Choir and Orchestra benefit concert, 7 p.m. at the Carson City Community Center, 851 E. William St. Admission free with new, unwrapped toy for Toys for Tots. Call 887-0535.
• Mile High Jazz Band presents “A Jazzy Christmas,” 8-10 p.m. at Comma Coffee, 312 S. Carson St. Admission $5 general, $4 members of Mile High Jazz Band Association, free 18-younger. Swing-dance lessons 6-7:30 p.m. for $5. Call 883-2662.
• National Association of Retired Federal Employees potluck party, 2-4 p.m. at the Douglas County Library meeting room, Minden. Call Liz Paul at 265-3493.
• Genoa Town Hall meeting at 7 p.m. in the Town Hall meeting room. Call 782-8696.
• Douglas County Planning Commission will meet at 1 p.m. in the courtroom of the County Administrative building, 1616 Eighth St., Minden. Call 782-9005.
Recommended Stories For You
• Traditional Paiute willow work and horsehair baskets display at the Nevada Arts Council, 716 N. Carson St. (at Washington). Open 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. weekdays. Call 687-6680.
• Western Nevada Community College hosts the touring art exhibit “Nevada Now: The Visual Artists Fellowship Award Exhibition,” in the College Gallery. Call 445-3238.
• Off Our Rockers performs through Sunday at the Carson Nugget Show Lounge; no cover. Call 882-1626.
• American Made Band performs through Sunday at the Carson Valley Inn Cabaret Lounge, Minden. Call 782-9711.