• Free lecture series “Ghost Towns of Nevada” at 7:30 p.m. by Nevada author Stanley Paher at the Nevada State Museum, 600 N. Carson St. Call Bob Nylen at 687Ð4810, ext. 239.
• Jazz Greats of Northern Nevada display at the Carson City Library, 900 N. Roop St. Features photos by Carson City jazz enthusiast Pat Glancy through Aug. 31. Call 887Ð2244.
• “Nuclear West” exhibit opens at Nevada Arts Council, 716 N. Carson St., 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. MondayÐFriday through Sept. 30. Call 687Ð6680.
• Shannon Montana “Homecoming” art exhibit at the Brewery Arts Center, 449 W. King St., 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. through Aug. 31 Call 265Ð7344 or 883Ð1976.
• Gold Hill Hotel Lecture Series features Phil Earl on “Nevada’s Progressive Era, 1900Ð1920,” at 7:30 p.m. Buffet from 5Ð7 p.m., $15 includes lecture; lecture only $5. Call 847Ð0111.
• Madison Avenue performs at the Carson Nugget Show Lounge, 9 p.m. Call 882Ð1626.
• Retroactive performs at the Carson Valley Inn, Minden, 9 p.m. Call 782Ð9711.
• Summer Farmers Market, 3:30Ð7:30 p.m. at the Pony Express Pavilion at Mills Park. Call 746Ð5024.
• Muscle Powered evening walk, 6:30 p.m. at Empire Ranch Golf Course. Park at BLM office on Morgan Mill Road. Call 885Ð2166.
• Lampe Park Farmers Market, 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. features baked goods, fresh produce, art, fresh flowers and plants and more. Call 782Ð9828.
• Northern Nevada Development Authority Membership Networking Mixer, 4Ð7:30 p.m. at TahoeÐRide Winery and Marketplace, 2232 Meridian Blvd., Suite K, Minden. Call 883Ð4413.
• Dayton Farmers Market, 3Ð7 p.m. at Dayton Valley Floral, 209 Dayton Valley Road. Features vendors with fresh produce, crafts and more. Call 246Ð5296.
• Organizing meeting for Muscle Powered’s V&T subcommittee at 5 p.m. at Comma Coffee, 312 S. Carson St. Subcommittee is forming to begin building support for a multi-use path along the V&T Railway right of way between Carson City and Virginia City. Call 841-6810.
• Behind the Scenes tours at 10 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. in anthropology featuring Great Basin basketry, archaeology of the Carson City Mint and original coin dies, and natural history at the Nevada State Museum, 600 N. Carson St. Admission $5 adults, $3 seniors, 17Ðyounger, free. Call 687Ð4810, ext. 237.
• Fridays @ Third Street, 7 p.m. Rock Night theme features live music by Bad Intent, food and more. Call 884Ð4411.
• Jana Jae, “the first lady of country fiddle,” performs a free concert at 7 p.m. at Wal-Mart, 3770 Highway 395, Indian Hills. Call 267-2159.
• Sierra Lyric Opera Studio presents “Don Giovanni” at 7:30 p.m. at Western Nevada Community College’s Marlette Hall, 2201 W. College Parkway. Tickets $12; call 445-4249.
• Demonstration of Coin Press No. 1 at the Nevada State Museum, 10:30 a.m. to noon and 1Ð3:30 p.m. with volunteers Ken and Karen Hopple Friday through Sunday. Call Bob Nylen at 687Ð4810, ext. 239.
• Free seminar on gourd crafting, 9 a.m. at Greenhouse Garden Center, 2450 S. Curry St. Call 882Ð8600.
• Scrapbook Discovery Day at Michael’s Arts and Crafts, 911 Topsy Lane, Suite 211. Free projects and demonstrations. Call 267-1938.