Two women hit by car
November 2, 2002
Two women were struck by a car as they walked across John Street in Carson City on Friday morning.
According to the Carson City Sheriff’s Department, Sharon Duranko, 52, and her daughter Sherry Duranko, 27, were crossing at Carson and John streets about 10:14 p.m. when they were both hit by a car driven by Charles Frost, 70.
Frost was southbound and making a left turn onto John Street when the accident occurred.
“He just didn’t see the pedestrians,” sheriff’s Lt. Ray Saylo said.
Both women were transported to Carson-Tahoe Hospital where they were treated for minor injuries, Saylo said.
Frost was cited for failure to yield to pedestrians.
Trending In: Opinion
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Carson Tahoe Medical Center set to expand
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Sex under scrutiny: Brothel advocates, opponents turn eyes to 2019 Legislature