May 3, 2005
• Muscle Powered hosts a walk at Silver Saddle Ranch. Take Fifth Street to Carson River Road, turn right onto gravel road and park by barns. Call 885-2166.
• Mark Twain Elementary School first-ever Cultural Diversity Fair, 5:30-7:30 p.m., 2111 Carriage Crest Drive. Includes ethnic foods, games, entertainment and activities; admission $1 per person. Call 283-1000.
• Carson City Democrats meet at 6 p.m. at the Plaza Conference Center, 211 E. Ninth St. Guest speaker is Senate Minority Leader Dina Titus; special guest is former First Lady Sandy Miller. Call 841-3367.
• “Riding the Rails to Old Ely,” an episode from the Department of Cultural Affairs’ Exploring Nevada documentary series, will show during a free public Video Brown Bag Lunch at noon at the Nevada State Museum, 600 N. Carson St. Call 687-4810 ext. 237.
• Gold Hill Theater Troupe After Dinner Theater, 8 p.m. in the Great Room. Features “Vengeance and Vendetta on the Comstock.” Costs $28 includes dinner; play only $8 per person. Reservations: 847-0111.
• Rebekah Bogard exhibit at the Nevada Arts Council, 716 N. Carson St., Suite A. Open 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday-Friday through May 27. Call 687-6680.
Recommended Stories For You
• Louie Fontaine performs at the Carson Nugget Show Lounge through May 8. No cover; call 882-1626.
• Shake, Rattle & Roll perform at the Carson Valley Inn, Minden through May 8. Call 782-9711.
• WNCC Carson City Student Art Show through May 17. Call 445-3000.
• Prayer Breakfast, 6:30 a.m. at the Plaza Hotel and Conference Center, 801 S. Carson St. Hosted by Carson City Kiwanis in observance of National Day of Prayer and Kiwanis International’s Prayer Week. Buffet breakfast at 6:30 with program at 7; inspirational speaker is Rev. Leo Kruger of Valley Christian Fellowship, Gardnerville. Cost $15 per person, payable at the door. RSVP to Ken Haskins at 544-0395, Ralph Denny at 246-1666 or Dan Nevin at 841-7347.
• Carson City Supervisors meet at 8:30 a.m. in the Sierra Room of the Carson City Community Center, 851 E. William St. Call 887-2100.
• Northern Nevada Development Authority breakfast meeting, 7 a.m. at the Piñon Plaza. Guest speaker is U.S. Senator John Ensign. Cost $25 per person w/reservation; $30 at the door. Call 883-4413.
• BLM hosts a special presentation on the Holocaust at 10 a.m. at the BLM-Carson City Field Office, 5665 Morgan Mill Road. Open to the public. Call 885-6112.
• National Day of Prayer public observance, 12:15 p.m. at the Capitol steps. Features local pastors praying for public officials, community and military, and inspirational music. Call 883-5215.
• RSVP Spring Fun Fair at Mills Park through Sunday. Features carnival rides, midway of fun, vendors, crafts and entertainment. Call 687-4680.
• Cancer 101: Skin Cancer, a free presentation from 6-8 p.m. at Carson-Tahoe Hospital Summit Room by Dr. Jay Adams. Call 885-4526 to reserve a seat.
• Carson City Parks and Recreation community meeting on a multi-use recreation center, 6:30 p.m. at the Community Center Sierra Room, 851 E. William St. Call 887-2363, ext. 1006.
• Art show featuring Sonnie Imes at Costco, 10 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. Thursday-Friday, 9:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday and 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Sunday. Call 782-0035.
• Carson Valley Chapter AARP 3683 meets at 4 p.m. at the Douglas County Senior Center, 2300 Meadow Lane, Gardnerville. Guest speaker is Douglas County Sheriff Ron Pierini. Bring a dish for the potluck after the meeting. Call Howard Althouse at 265-9554.