August 18, 2005
• Summer Farmers Market, 3:30Ð7:30 p.m. at the Pony Express Pavilion at Mills Park. Call 746Ð5024.
• Lampe Park Farmers Market, 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. features baked goods, fresh produce, art, fresh flowers and plants and more. Call 782Ð9828.
• Muscle Powered evening walk, 6:30 p.m. at Empire Ranch Golf Course. Park at BLM office on Morgan Mill Road. Call 885Ð2166.
• Dayton Farmers Market, 3Ð7 p.m. at Dayton Valley Floral, 209 Dayton Valley Road. Features vendors with fresh produce, crafts and more. Call 246Ð5296.
• Behind the Scenes tours at 10 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. in anthropology featuring Great Basin basketry, archaeology of the Carson City Mint and original coin dies, and natural history at the Nevada State Museum, 600 N. Carson St. Admission $5 adults, $3 seniors, 17Ðyounger, free. Call 687Ð4810, ext. 237.
Recommended Stories For You
• Sierra Lyric Opera Studio presents “Don Giovanni” at 7:30 p.m. at Western Nevada Community College’s Marlette Hall, 2201 W. College Parkway. Tickets $12; call 445-4249.
• Aug. 26Ð28 Ð Demonstration of Coin Press No. 1 at the Nevada State Museum, 10:30 a.m. to noon and 1Ð3:30 p.m. with volunteers Ken and Karen Hopple. Call Bob Nylen at 687Ð4810, ext. 239.
• Free seminar on gourd crafting, 9 a.m. at Greenhouse Garden Center, 2450 S. Curry St. Call 882Ð8600.
• Scrapbook Discovery Day at Michael’s Arts and Crafts, 911 Topsy Lane, Suite 211. Free projects and demonstrations. Call 267-1938.
• Book signing with author Linda Chambers of “ABC Poetry,” noon-2 p.m. at The Book Den, 1328 Highway 395, Suite 305, Gardnerville. Call 783-1100.
• Aug. 27Ð28 Ð Ride the Rails at the Nevada State Railroad Museum, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. each day. Call 687Ð6953.
• St. Benedict Society of Corpus Christi Catholic Community hosts their ninth annual Ice Cream Social, 1Ð5 p.m. at the church, 5335 Snyder Ave. Includes food, ice cream, games, prizes and raffles for all ages; bingo for adults and a cash drawing. Proceeds benefit the building fund. Tickets available at the door or call 882Ð1967.
• Eighth annual Underwater Treasure Hunt at Sand Harbor. Check-in at 9:15 a.m.; entry fee $25 day of event, park entrance fee $8. Snorkeling begins at 10:30 a.m. Call 884-3483.
• Custom Gardens organic farm Farmers Market, 9 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. at 3701 Elm St., Silver Springs. Senior coupons accepted. Call 577Ð2069.
Trending In: Opinion
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Suspect in Ranchos, Washoe homicides in custody
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’