Zip code announced, Ranchos Station to begin partial service
April 14, 2002
Many Carson Valley residents will get a new zip code in July, and starting April 20 Ranchos residents can begin limited use of a new Kimmerling Road post office.
Gardnerville Post Master Fred Gulley said the new zip code, which takes effect July 1, is 89460.
The new zip code is for Gardnerville residents west of the East Fork of the Carson River. Customers cannot use the zip code until July 1, Gulley said.
Gardnerville residents west of the East Fork of the Carson River will keep their 89410 zip code.
Also, the Ranchos Station Post Office, from which carriers will begin delivering mail to 2,000 Ranchos homes starting April 20 will have limited hours for picking up parcel packages.
For the limited pickups, the Ranchos Station Post Office will be open Monday through Friday from 9:15 a.m. to 11:15 Monday through Friday and Saturdays from noon to 2 p.m.
Recommended Stories For You
A complete opening of the post office, located at 1271 Kimmerling Road, is scheduled for July.
Trending In: Opinion
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Sisolak delivers State of the State on Wednesday
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Sex under scrutiny: Brothel advocates, opponents turn eyes to 2019 Legislature