Presidential candidate at Comma Coffee
Presidential candidate Sen. Joe Biden will address Carson City Democrats in one of his first Nevada campaign appearances at 9:30 a.m. Tuesday at Comma Coffee, 312 S Carson St.
The event is free and open to the public.
Biden will be in Carson City to participate in the first-in-the-nation Carson City Presidential Forum. The forum will be held at noon Wednesday at the Carson City Community Center.
For more information on this and other upcoming events, contact Carson City Democratic Headquarters at 775-841-3367 or visit the CCDCC Web site at http://www.carsoncitydems.org.
Nevada Democratic events
There are two candidate forums and three debates scheduled in Nevada.
• Wednesday – Carson City, noon, Carson City Community Center
Forum in Carson City sponsored by American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees. No more tickets are available for the event.
• March 24 – University of Nevada, Las Vegas
Health-care forum co-sponsored by Service Employees International Union and the Center for American Progress
• Mid-August – Reno
Debate focused on Western regional issues
• Nov. 2 – UNLV
Debate sponsored by the Nevada State Democratic Party
• Jan. 15 – Las Vegas
Debate co-sponsored by the Caucus of African American Nevadans and Impacto, the political arm of the Latin Chamber of Commerce
Schedule changes at community center
The Democratic forum at the Carson City Community Center on Wednesday will cause some inconvenience for those who rely on programs held there. Barbara Singer, of the city Parks and Recreation Department, said the center will be shut down to the public for security reasons.
• Aerobics and other classes, as well as regular children’s programs, must move out of the building for the day.
• The Kinder Program will move to the Kids Club.
• The Kids’ Club and morning Latch Key programs will move to the Carson City Library.
• Parents will be notified of the changes by mail.