The derby winners at Riordan derby
Here are the 2006 winners at the Ninth Annual John Riordan Topaz Lake Invitational Fishing Derby:
1. Joe Tamburino of Dayton: 11 ounces.
2. Norm Budden of Carson City: 10.25 ounces.
3.. Doug Collins of Carson City: 10.25 ounces.
1. Gary Alvis of South Lake Tahoe, Calif.: 3-pounds, 1/2 ounce.
2. Carl Inman Jr. of Carson City: 2-pounds, 9.50 ounces.
3. Tina Hunter of Carson City: 2-pounds, 9 ounces.
1. Suzanne Boerner of Carson City: 3-pounds, 1.25 ounces (The heaviest fish in the 2006 derby).
2. Bud Higgins of Douglas County: 2-pounds, 9.75 ounces.
3. Lyle Smith of Carson City: 2-pounds, 8.75 ounces.
1. Warren Senour of Stagecoach: 3-pounds, 1/4 ounce. There were no other brown trout entries.
There were 94 fishermen in the three-day derby, and there were 101 attendees at the derby with some coming as far away as Pismo Beach and Oregon.
Winner of a special raffle was Les Swall, the derby’s unofficial photographer.
All of the proceeds from the raffle (about $1,200) and many of the winners’ cash prizes (about $800) were donated to Linda Fields of the Topaz Lake Marina to help her with her medical expenses. In addition, the Topaz Lodge donated another $500 to Fields.