The Volunteer Connection
This continues RSVP’s regular Sunday column of outstanding volunteer opportunities. Spring into spring these sunny days and so some fun volunteering. Put a smile on your face!
• Like to see great shows for free? The Carson City Parks and Recreation Department is training volunteers for its’ Community Center Theater for productions: Light and sound technicians. They really need an usher coordinator to keep all these ushers coordinated. This is exciting work and you get to see all the great shows in the theater! Also looking for volunteers for daytime building monitors, custodians, and maintenance.
• Drivers urgently needed for RSVP Carson City to provide Seniors transportation to the doctor. RSVP has a van available for drivers’ use, or if preferred drive your own vehicle and get mileage reimbursement.
• The Northern Nevada Railway Foundation has some exciting events coming up and needs volunteers to help at the office. This helps the V&T Railroad. Try it out! You will like it!
• Are you a caregiver that needs a break? We are here to help. We have volunteers to provide you with a break from your 24/7 care of your loved one. This is a free service.
• RSVP needs Home Companion volunteers to help provide Seniors with basic needs and services such as visiting, reading, helping organize files, shopping for groceries, and more.
• RSVP needs Home Companion volunteers to call senior(s) at least once a week to see how they are doing and to bring companionship over the phone. Those in need of services are also encouraged to call RSVP and we will work to match you with a volunteer who can help.
• Fremont Elementary School desperately needs volunteers to assist the school librarian or to work with the Garden Habitat project: Gardening, weeding, cleaning and pruning.
• Ormsby Association for Retarded Citizens needs volunteers for its Thrift Store to sort, hang and organize clothing. This is their big source of funds. Please help!
• Nevada State Department of Corrections needs a volunteer to manage the inmate store on East 5th Street (outside the gate.)
• Bordewich-Bray Elementary School needs classroom volunteers.
• Northern Nevada Development Agency needs volunteers for clerical, receptionist, and data entry positions. Experience with Excel data entry a must.
• Western Nevada College is seeking volunteers for information desk attendant, office assistant, and health and safety assistant. Computer experience desirable.
All volunteers receive orientation and training. Also, volunteers can receive out-of-pocket expenses and are covered by several insurances. For details call Carol, 775-687-4680 x 6.
Please do not contact the agency(s) listed above directly.