Tuesday travel and weather information
December 18, 2007
The Nevada Department of Transportation reports at 6:45 a.m. all routes are open with no controls with the following exceptions:
– Chains mandatory for 35.1 miles between Drum, Calif. Exit 150 and Central Truckee Exit 186.
US Highway 50:
– Chains mandatory for 18.1 miles between 3.5 miles east of Kyburz, Calif. and 4.1 miles west of Junction of California SR 89.
Recommended Stories For You
– Chains mandatory for 35.4 miles between Cooks Station, Calif. and 6.7 miles west of Junction SR 89 at Picketts Junction.
– Snow tires or chains required for 21.9 miles between Tahoma and Junction Interstate 80 at Truckee.
– Snow tires or chains required for 8.1 miles between 5.9 miles north of Truckee and 14 miles north of Truckee.
Weather can change quickly during the winter. For current information within the state of Nevada, call 511.
Today’s weather outlook will be breezy with snow and rain likely in the morning and afternoon with the snow level around 5000 feet with accumulation up to 4 inches, mainly on the foothills.
Highs will be 38-48 with south winds 10-15 mph shifting to the southwest 15-25 mph in the afternoon with gusts up to 45 mph.
Tonight, cloudy with a chance of snow in the evening and scattered snow showers after midnight.