This continues our regular Sunday column of volunteer opportunities available through the Nevada Rural Counties RSVP program.
We hope you will find something you would like to do that will help these wonderful agencies and the people they serve. Good Luck.
1. Northern Nevada Railroad Foundation needs volunteers for its Carson City Administrative Office. For more information call 885-6833.
2. RSVP needs Home Companion Volunteers to help provide Seniors with basic needs and services such as visiting, reading, helping organize correspondence, grocery shopping, etc., drivers to transport seniors that can no longer drive, handyman services, and Lifeline installers (Lifeline is an emergency response system). (RSVP furnishes the van for transportation).
3. Bordewich-Bray Elementary School needs classroom volunteers.
4. Nevada State Department of Corrections is seeking a volunteer to manage the inmate store. Located at the Nevada State Prison on East 5th Street (outside the gate.)
5. Western Nevada College is seeking volunteers to assist with the following positions: Teacher’s Aide, Student Course Evaluations Survey Proctor, CCSSE Survey Administrator, Observatory Support Personnel, Work Study (Computing Services), Assist Administrative Staff with Office Duties, Assistant with “Don’t Wait, Graduate” Program, and much more, call for details.
6. Cared 4 Seconds Thrift Store (Carson Cancer Advocates Center) is looking for In Store Clerks to assist with customer service and inventory.
7. F.I.S.H. in Mound House is looking for In Store Clerks to assist with customer service and inventory.
For more information relative to these exciting volunteer opportunities and others too numerous to list please call Carol at 687-4680 ext. 6.
Remember RSVP can pay volunteers out-of-pocket expenses (mileage) and carries insurance for you while on the job.
Volunteering is a great experience for everyone, and you can make your own days and hours to donate to one of these worthwhile programs. Any help is appreciated by them.
Remember let us know what you would like to do, even if it’s not listed and maybe we have it. Thank you for your service.