1. Carson City’s Parks and Recreation Department is in need of volunteers for its Community Center/Theater as house manager for productions; light and sound technicians; custodians; building monitors and ushers. This is exciting work and you get to see all the great shows in the theater. Also Lone Mountain Cemetery is desperate for a receptionist (with some clerical knowledge) to help folks locate loved ones.
2. Drivers urgently needed for RSVP Carson City to provide seniors transportation to the doctor. RSVP has a van available for drivers’ use.
3. Bureau of Land Management needs volunteers for receptionist and clerical positions.
4. Carson City Animal Services needs volunteers to assist with general animal care.
5. Fritsch Elementary School is in need of volunteers for tutorial and clerical assistance.
6. Carson City Human Services needs volunteers for clerical and receptionist positions.
7. Northern Nevada Railroad Foundation needs volunteers for its Carson City Administrative Office, call 885-6833.
8. Western Nevada College needs volunteers for teacher’s aide, student course evaluations survey proctor, CCSSE survey administrator, observatory support personnel, administrative staff assistant, assistant with “Don’t Wait, Graduate” program, and much more.
9. Nevada State Department of Corrections needs a volunteer to manage the inmate store on East 5th Street (outside the gate.)
10. Bordewich-Bray Elementary School needs classroom volunteers.
11. Cared 4 Seconds Thrift Store (Carson Cancer Advocates Center) needs store clerks to assist with customers and inventory.
12. F.I.S.H. in Mound House needs store clerks to assist with customers and inventory.
13. The Legislative Counsel Bureau needs volunteers as docents for the 76th Session (February through June 2011). Call for job description and details.
14. Computer Corps needs warehouse workers: testing monitors, keyboards, computer tear downs, etc.
15. Northern Nevada Development Agency needs volunteers for clerical, receptionist, and data entry positions. Experience with Excel data entry a must.
For more information about these volunteer opportunities and others too numerous to list, please call Janice at 687-4680 ext. 2. Also ask about benefits.