This continues RSVP’s regular Sunday column of volunteer opportunities. There are new and exciting listings so read on.
1. DRIVERS URGENTLY NEEDED for RSVP Carson City to provide seniors transportation to the doctor. RSVP has a van available for drivers’ use, or if preferred drive your own vehicle and get mileage reimbursement.
2. RSVP is looking for respite volunteers to give caregivers a break. Volunteers receive training, mileage reimbursement and a stipend of $175 per month.
3. The Carson City’s Parks and Recreation Department is training volunteers for its’ Community Center/Theater for productions; light and sound technicians; custodians; building monitors and ushers. This is exciting work and you get to see all the great shows in the theater!
4. Fremont Elementary School desperately needs volunteers to assist the school librarian or to work with the Garden Habitat project: gardening, weeding, cleaning and pruning.
5. Ormsby Association for Retarded Citizens needs volunteers for its Thrift Store to sort, hang and organize clothing. This is their big source of funds. Please help!
6. Bureau of Land Management needs volunteers for receptionist and clerical positions.
7. Carson City Animal Shelter needs volunteers to assist with many needed services.
8. Fritsch Elementary School is in need of volunteers for tutorial and clerical assistance.
9. Carson City Human Services needs volunteers for clerical and receptionist positions.
10. Northern Nevada Railroad Foundation needs volunteers for its Carson City downtown office to help with visitors. Lots of memorabilia to perk up your day!
11. Nevada State Department of Corrections needs a volunteer to manage the inmate store on East 5th Street (outside the gate.)
12. Bordewich-Bray Elementary School needs classroom volunteers.
13. The Legislative Counsel Bureau needs volunteers for the 76th Session (February through June 2011) to lead groups around the building. Call for details.
14. Northern Nevada Development Agency needs volunteers for clerical, receptionist, and data entry positions. Experience with Excel data entry a must.
All volunteers receive orientation and training. Also, volunteers can receive out-of-pocket expenses and are covered by several insurances. For details call Carol, 775-687-4680 x 6.