Youth and Family calendar
September 1, 2005
• Labor Day Parade at noon in Virginia City. Features Max Baer Jr. as grand marshall, down C Street. Call 847-9225.
• Lampe Park Farmers Market, 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. features baked goods, fresh produce, art, fresh flowers and plants and more. Call 782Ð9828.
• Class/workshop on preserving photos and memories in albums, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Carson City Senior Citizens Center, Jobs Peak room. Free; bring 3-4 photos for practice. Make it/take it workshop $5. Call 885-8230.
• Public meeting on fuels, hosted by BLM, Carson City Fire Department and UNR Cooperative Extension, 7-8 p.m. at BLM-Carson City Field Office, 5665 Morgan Mill Road. Call 885-6107.
Recommended Stories For You
• Dayton Farmers Market, 3Ð7 p.m. at Dayton Valley Floral, 209 Dayton Valley Road. Features vendors with fresh produce, crafts and more. For more information, all 246Ð5296.
• 46th annual Camel Races in Virginia City through Sunday, 10 a.m. at rodeo arena. Call 847Ð0311.
• 24th annual Great Reno Balloon Race at Rancho San Rafael Park, through Sundday. Friday Mass Ascension at 6:45 a.m.; Saturday and Sunday Glow Show and Dawn Patrol, 5 a.m. Visit http://www.renoballoon.com or call 826Ð1181.
• Bird Walk and Ranch Breakfast, 7:30 p.m. at Silver Saddle Ranch. Walk led by Nancy Bish of the Friends of Silver Saddle Ranch/Lahontan Audubon Society at 7:30 a.m.; breakfast at 9 a.m., free to friends of ranch, $3 Audubon members; $5 general public. Annual meeting of Friends of the Silver Saddle Ranch also to be held at breakfast. Call Bish at 884-1470.
• Fall Farmers Market from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Telegraph Square, corner of South Curry and Telegraph streets. Call 746Ð5024.
• Free seminar on planting bulbs now for summer color, 10 a.m. at Greenhouse Garden Center, 2450 S. Curry St. Call 882-8600.
• 12th annual Kids Auction and World’s Greatest Barbecue, 3 p.m. at the Pony Express Pavilion. Features Lee Greenwood in concert; a fundÐraiser for the Boys and Girls Club of Western Nevada. Tickets, information: 882Ð8820, 885Ð9000, 883Ð0900.
• Book signing with author Patricia Murphy, “Cats/Canines Can Communicate,” noon-2 p.m. at The Book Den, 1328 Highway 395, Suite 305, Gardnerville. Call 783-1100.
• Topaz Community Church Quilt and Craft Show at Topaz Ranch Estates Community Center on Carter Street, plus Blood Drive, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. For appointment to donate blood or hang quilt or for a craft table, call (775) 266-4129 or (775) 266-3886.
• Minden Arts and Crafts Fair, through Sunday; sponsored by Minden businesses. Entertainment and crafts. Call 782Ð2444.
• INT Amateur Wakeboard Challenge, through Sunday; 9 a.m. each day at Topaz Lake. Features more than 60 amateur athletes will compete in various age and ability levels. Parking fee $6; registration open day of events. Call 782-8144.
• Custom Gardens organic farm Farmers Market, 9 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. at 3701 Elm St., Silver Springs. Senior coupons accepted. Call 577Ð2069.