Photo detail

Stories this photo appears in:

John Bullis: Minister housing allowance — will it be changed?

Ministers have a special tax benefit for the amount of housing allowance they receive. They can exclude from gross income for income tax purposes the rental value of homes furnished by churches as part of their compensation. This is also allowed for the portion of a retired minister’s pension that is designated as a rental allowance by the national governing body of a religious denomination having complete control over the retirement fund.


Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.

Sign in to comment