Sierra Nevada Media Group announces changes to media operations
July 2, 2018
In an effort to keep up with our readers' changing news habits, and to position ourselves to take better advantage of new opportunities that are emerging throughout the area, Sierra Nevada Media Group today announced changes to our media operations in Northern Nevada.
Effective Monday, July 16, our new publishing schedule is as follows:
-The Nevada Appeal will move from 6 days to 2 days (Wednesday and Saturday)
-The Record-Courier will change from 3 days to 2 days (Thursday and Saturday)
-The Lahontan Valley News adjusts from 2 days to 1 day (Wednesday mail delivery)
-The Tahoe Tribune shifts from 3 days to 1 day (Friday)
This new schedule allows us to serve the communities we currently do by printing five days a week – covering the entire area with the same resources it takes to produce one daily.
While we'll change the number of days we publish in print, we'll be publishing online with regularity.
Additionally, recent tariffs on newsprint and the associated production costs – not to mention the impact of the paper on our landfills – have all gone into our decision to restructure for further savings.
Feedback can be directed to:
Recommended Stories For You
Or call 775-881-1237
Trending In: Main Carousel
- Suspect in Ranchos, Washoe homicides in custody
- Murder suspect in U.S. illegally, authorities say
- NDOT announces plans for traffic lights at dangerous intersection
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- Sex under scrutiny: Brothel owner seeks understanding with advocacy nonprofit