Banister leads Nevada soccer recruiting class
July 10, 2002
Carson High’s Ali Banister leads a class of four incoming freshmen who have signed with the University of Nevada women’s soccer team.
Joining Banister are Clark’s Ramona Acosta, Bonanza’s Elana Graham and Megan Tarpenning of Granite Bay in Roseville, Calif.
Banister was named as Northern Nevada’s Offensive Player of the Year and was a member of Carson’s Northern 4A championship team.
Acosta was an all-conference player at Clark. Tarpenning was an all-Sierra Foothill League first team choice at Granite Bay.
Also coming to Nevada as an assistant coach to serve under coach Dang Pibulvech is Matt Paton, who spent the 2001 season as an assistant coach at the University of Iowa.
Paton’s responsibilities will include establishing a recruiting strategy and a summer development program at Nevada. Paton earned his undergraduate degree from Keene State in 1991 and a master’s in sports management from the University of Connecticut in 1993.
Trending In: Sports
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- Suspect in Ranchos, Washoe homicides in custody
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’