Baxter named to all-academic team
November 8, 2002
Galena High graduate Annie Baxter was named to the 2002 Verizon Academic All-District second team for the University of Nevada women’s soccer team.
Baxter, a sophomore forward and a pre-egineering major, scored a team-high seven goals for Nevada this season, tying a school record for most goals in a season. Baxter has started 35 of 37 games in her first two years at Nevada.
She scored two goals against Eastern Washington and two goals against San Jose State in the Wolf Pack’s first ever Western Athletic Conference win this season.
Baxter was one of three forwards to be selected to the 13-member second team. Her 3.83 grade point average was the fourth highest on the team, which covers the West Coast.
Trending In: Sports
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Carson Tahoe Medical Center set to expand