Bibby added to list of entrants at Tahoe Celebrity Golf Championship
June 13, 2002
Chris Webber enjoys Mike Bibby so much that the Sacramento King teammates will now play golf together in the off season.
Bibby became the latest entrant into the American Celebrity Golf Championship, held July 19-21 at Edgewood Tahoe Golf Course in Stateline. Bibby, who led the Sacramento to Game 7 of the Western Conference finals before losing to the Los Angeles Lakers, told reporters during a teleconference call this week that he plans on playing in the annual event.
Bibby, who led Arizona to the 1997 NCAA National Championship, will join dozens of sports stars, including Charles Barkley, Marshall Faulk, John Elway and Jason Kidd in Lake Tahoe. In his first season with the Kings, Bibby averaged 20.3 ppg and averaged 22.7 ppg in the conference finals against the Lakers.
Five-time champion Rick Rhoden is the favorite to win the tournament, considered the ‘U.S. Open of the Celebrity Tour.’ Dan Quinn, Jack Wagner and Al Del Greco are among his closest chasers.
Trending In: Sports
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Sisolak delivers State of the State on Wednesday
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Sex under scrutiny: Brothel advocates, opponents turn eyes to 2019 Legislature