Bulldog wrestlers win state titles
March 29, 2002
Ricky McDonald, Owen Craugh and Micah Chalk all won titles for the Carson Bulldog youth wrestling club at the state championships recently held in Las Vegas.
McDonald won state crowns in collegiate, Greco-Roman and freestyle wrestling in the 85-pound bantam class. McDonald went undefeated on the season.
Craugh, wrestling at 85-pound schoolboy, came back from a 9-3 deficit to win by pin in the finals to take the state title.
At 105 novice, Chalk went unscored upon in the zone and state tournaments, winning every match by pin or technical fall. He finished the season with a 38-4 mark.
Others who placed for the Bulldogs were: Patrick Craugh, fifth; Blake Davidson, fifth; Brandon Davidson, third; Nicholas Laney, second; Todd Laney, fourth; Garrett Manoukian, sixth; Willie McDonald, third.
Anthony Pisani, third; Jonah Schenezel, fourth; Micah Whitcome, third; Eric Aguilera, second; and Kelly Manning, fourth.
Trending In: Sports
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Sisolak delivers State of the State on Wednesday
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Sex under scrutiny: Brothel advocates, opponents turn eyes to 2019 Legislature