Cardinals drop two in tournament
May 26, 2002
Neil Holmes had a huge day for the Carson Cardinals 18 and under baseball team, but it wasn’t enough as the Cardinals dropped two close games in the Sparks Tribe Memorial Classic.
Carson lost to the Northwest Royals, a team made up of McQueen High players, 6-5, and the Redding (Calif.) Rattlers 12-8 in games played at McQueen. Redding is an all-star team made up of the top high school players from the Redding area.
Against Northwest, Holmes crushed a three-run home run, an impressive shot since there was no wind that usually blows at McQueen. Andrew James was also 2-for-3 with a double.
Against Redding, Aaron Henry was 3-for-4 with a home run, Holmes went 2-for-4 with a home run, Jon Teeter went 2-for-4 with a double that was nearly a home run and Matt Bowman homered as well.
Carson will play at 10:30 a.m. against Martinez, Calif. and at 3 p.m. against another California team today at McQueen.
Trending In: Sports
- Washoe County Sheriff: ‘Similarities’ between Douglas, Reno murders
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’
- Carson City lawyer finalist for judicial vacancy
- Carson City sets aside site for affordable housing