Cardinals fall in tournament
July 14, 2005
The Carson Cardinals baseball team fell to the Reno Muckdogs 7-2 on Thursday at Reed in the Joe DiMaggio Tournament.
Carson, 1-1 in the tournament, will play at 11:30 a.m. today at Wooster in an elimination game.
Kevin Schlange scored both runs and Jeremiah Teeter had both RBI for Carson. In the fourth inning, Schlange singled and eventually scored on Teeter’s bunt single. In the sixth, Schlange was hit by a pitch and aftere Jack Jacquet singled, Schlange scored on Teeter’s RBI sacrifice fly.
Jacquet went 2-for-3 and Nick Smallman, Royal Good and Jeff Young all added a hit. Tony Fagan allowed four runs in 4.2 innings and Rob Valerius finished up on the mound for Carson.
Trending In: Sports
- Suspect in Ranchos, Washoe homicides in custody
- Murder suspect in U.S. illegally, authorities say
- NDOT announces plans for traffic lights at dangerous intersection
- Washoe County spokesman: Woodside Drive arrest in Carson City related to murders in Washoe County
- Sex under scrutiny: Brothel owner seeks understanding with advocacy nonprofit