Cardinals impressive in win over Sundevils
July 11, 2002
The Carson Cardinals 18 and under baseball team picked up an impressive 9-6 win over the Sierra Sundevils on Wednesday at Wooster High.
Sierra is a talented Reno-area all-star team featuring players from Wooster, Galena and Carson High Schools. Josh Camper was the winning pitcher for the Cardinals and Todd Hendrix picked up the save.
The Cardinals scored four runs in the first inning, two in the third and one in the fourth, seventh and eighth in the nine inning game. Jon Teeter sparked the first inning rally with a single and Owen Brolsma eventually picked up an RBI single.
Aaron Henry then came through with a two-out, two-run double with the bases loaded and Brolsma eventually scored on a wild pitch. Brolsma also had an RBI single in the third.
Brolsma had two hits and two RBIs, Carl Winter had two hits and an RBI and Tony Teixeira had two hits for the Cardinals, which play a doubleheader against Fallon today, beginning at 2 p.m. at the Carson High junior varsity field.
Trending In: Sports
- $10,000 reward offered in Gardnerville Ranchos homicides
- 2019 State of the State Address: Gov. Sisolak seeks 3 percent raise for Nevada state workers
- Sisolak delivers State of the State on Wednesday
- Cab driver held for DUI, Carson City Sheriff’s Office says
- Sex under scrutiny: Sex worker Alice Little: ‘Something new is going to happen’