Cardinals roll to easy victory
June 17, 2005
Rob Valerius and Bryt Lewis combined on the shutout as the Carson Cardinals baseball team defeated Damonte Ranch 7-0 on Friday at Ron McNutt Field.
Valerius pitched the first six innings and Lewis finished up, striking out the side in pitching a 1-2-3 seventh inning. The Cardinals took a 2-0 lead in the first on Jeff Young’s RBI sacrifice fly and Brooks Greenlee’s RBI single.
David Leid singled and scored on T.J. Hein’s RBI triple to make it 3-0 in the second. Kevin Schlange singled and eventually scored on Jeremiah Teeter’s sacrifice fly to make it 4-0 in the third.
Logan Parsley’s RBI double made it 5-0 in the fifth. In the sixth, Royal Good belted an RBI triple and Schlange followed with an RBI single to finish the scoring. Schlange had two hits and Sean Costella added a hit for the Cardinals.
Trending In: Sports
- Carson High School athletes honored with post-season awards
- Reno A’s use walks to beat Carson Blue Jays
- Carson City’s Kyrsta Palmer wins U.S. title, off to World Cup
- Darrell Moody: Former Dayton star wins JC national title in decathlon
- Fallon’s Christian Nemeth overcomes adversity in competing in 3 sports in senior season